The Patriot Press
Liberty Park Elementary School
Week of May 13th, 2019
Dear Liberty Park Families,
Our 2nd Annual "A Walk in the Park" fundraiser event is scheduled for Friday, May 24th! Somehow students are very excited and claiming that they are duck-taping me to the wall and throwing pies at my face! (see student flyer pictured below). This is a new fundraiser that we started last year which is completely donation/pledge based. This has replaced our spring fundraiser of selling items. We would like this event to become an annual tradition!
Flyers like the ones below for our "A Walk in the Park" came home last week. Additional forms are available in the front office and also by clicking this link.
If you would like to donate online click this link! https://squareup.com/store/liberty-park-elementary-pta.
Please consider helping support our students by participating in this pledge drive. THANK YOU in advance for your support of LP!
Have a great weekend and as always, I thank you for your continued support of Liberty Park Elementary!
Teacher Perfect Attendance Winner for April!
Jimmy Johns Attendance Challenge
Student Perfect Attendance Winner for April!
May 10th - Night at the Arts @ 6:00pm
May 16th - 1st grade field trip
May 16th - Cookie and Canvas at LP @ 6pm
May 17th - 2nd grade field trip
May 17th - Kindergarten Performance
May 23rd - Skating Party at the Roller Cave @ 6:00
May 24th - A Walk in the Park (Fundraising Event)
May 24th - Last Day for Boys and Girls Club
May 31st - Field Day!
June 3rd - Last Day of School
Last Skating Party of the Year!
Notes from Nurse Kelly
Reminder at the end of the school year, all medications must be picked up by a parent or guardian. No medications can be sent home with a student. All medications need to be picked up no later than June 3rd at 2:30 pm. No medication is held over to the next school year. Any medication left after 2:30 pm on June 3rd will be destroyed at 2:45 pm. Thank you.
Online Safety Guides for Parents
School Dismissal Manager:
All end of day dismissal changes must be communicated through School Dismissal Manager, our new dismissal software for LP. These changes must be entered by 2:30pm for that school day or scheduled in advance through the app.
Once your child's DEFAULT dismissal option has been set, you only need to use the app to report your child's absences to school or make EXCEPTIONS to your child's dismissal.
Exceptions that you can select include:
- After School Activity (such as Robotics Club, Art Club, etc.)
- Early Pick Up
- Meet Parent in Office
- B&G Club
- Car Rider
- Ride Assigned Bus
Please contact the front office if you have any questions.
New Warren App and Website
Warren Township School District has a new app and website! The purpose of the app and website is to provide regular updates through the live feed, district news, and
district events sections as well as other important district information. The app includes easy access to the weekly breakfast and lunch menu, staff contacts, district documents, bullying and safety reporting form, and much much more. The Warren app can be downloaded at the Apple and Android App Store. Stay informed and download the app today. The district website is www.warren.k12.in.us.
Updates and Information
- Boys & Girls Club - The last day for B&G club is May 24th. Those families should update their students dismissal in School Dismissal Manager prior to 2:30 on the 24th.
- Leaving Liberty Park? While we hope none of our Patriot families and students are leaving us after this year…if you know you are moving and leaving for another school, please contact our office at 317-532-1850 and let our office staff know.
- Shred Day: MSD Warren will host a Shred Day on Saturday, May 18th. The location will be Warren Education & Community Center from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- PTA: Our PTA is looking for a few parents to help out next school year. Don't hesitate to email the PTA - firstname.lastname@example.org. Donating even a little time can be a huge help to our students!
- Student Absences: If your child is ill and will not be at school, please use your School Dismissal Manager app to indicate your child's absence or call the front office. Please call and report if your child will be arriving late to school due to a doctor’s appointment. Doing so helps us to know that your child is safe and with you.
- Car Rider Drop Off Families - Please ensure that students are being dropped off in the designated car rider drop off area following staff direction. The east end of our front parking lot is designated for bus traffic and students should not be dropped off in that area. Patience and procedures help us ensure the safety of all during this process.
- Birthday Treat Policy: While we love to celebrate, please remember there is a "no birthday treats" guideline. To access fun and helpful resources for healthy celebration ideas, please visit: http://www.warren.k12.in.us/wellness #wellnesswarriors #WEaretheKey
- Visitors Background Checks: Volunteers must have a valid background check on file in the front office as well as be included on a students emergency contact form for any type of school volunteer opportunities. If you would like to complete this process or have any questions please stop by our front office.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbooks should have came home with your student last week. If you did not receive a copy with the signature page please contact your child's teacher. These are also available throughout our school and district’s website. This web link will direct you to that page. http://www.warren.k12.in.us/student-rights-responsibilities
Warren Central 2019 Youth Camps
Students who attend school regularly have been shown to achieve at higher levels than students who do not have regular attendance. Every school day counts in a child's academic life... a missed school day is a lost opportunity for students to learn. The effects of lost school days build up one absence at a time. Leaving early or coming in late, is a loss of instructional time that cannot be made up.
During the month of April our attendance was 96.5%. Thank you for all that you do to ensure that students are healthy and attend school regularly.
Lunch Time Reminders
Car Rider Procedures/Map
Please ensure that students are being picked up and dropped off in the designated car rider drop off area following staff direction. The east end of our front parking lot is designated for bus traffic and students should not be dropped off in that area. If you are visiting the building during arrival and dismissal times, we ask that you please park in the west parking lot to avoid any safety risks and congestion for buses. Patience and procedures help us ensure the safety of all during this process. Thank you for your help in this matter.
Food Service Department News
If you need your username and password, just email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide you one.
Need to speak to someone in the Food Service Department? You can also call us at 317-869-4381 or 317-869-4389. To view the Food Service website, go to http://www.warren.k12.in.us/food-service.
Jason Brooks - Principal
Kathy Hench - Dean
Brooke Tapper - Counselor
Beverly Stephens –Secretary/Registrar
Donata Lux – Secretary/Treasurer
Kelly Woods – Nurse