Creating a Better Math Environment for Your Students!
What does that mean to me as an educator of Math?
There are many things you as an educator can do to encourage and embrace brain-based learning in your classroom. There may be many things you are already doing without even knowing it!
- Design learning around your students interests
- Create/find real problems for your students
- Encourage your students to learn outside of the classroom and the school
- Create assessments based on the learning styles of your students
- Have students monitor their own learning process
What will my classroom look and sound like?
- A safe, non-threatening environment
- A rich and stimulating environment created with your students - students will take ownership for their classroom when co-created
- Group learning/exploring spaces will be available - communication will be happening
- Emphasis on the importance of a class and school community
- Resources and manipulatives will be available for students
- Students will be inquiring and discussing
Keewatin Patricia District School Board