Clarks Creek Staff News
May 4 - 8, 2015
SCHOOL GOALS - Time to Show the Progress of the Year!
- 40% of all students who take the ISTEP assessment will earn the maximum number of points of each problem solving question. This is an increase of 2.9% over last year’s scores.
- 80% of all students who take the ISTEP assessment will earn a score of 4, 5, or 6 on the Writing Applications six-point rubric. This is an increase of 3.6% over last year’s scores.
- Current fourth grade students will increase scores by at least 3% in the subcategory of Algebra & Functions, scoring 88% or higher.
It's Staff Appreciation Week!
While we still have more days of school to complete, this is the week that we will take some time and celebrate our staff! Thanks to all of you who work every single day to make Clarks Creek the very best place a child can get an education!
Have a super week!
- Your grade level placement cards will be due May 15th. The blank cards will be in the mailbox of the Discussions Committee rep for your grade level by the end of the day Monday. You will be receiving the stickers we discussed to identify special populations, as well. You may start on any of those except for high ability. That should be left until after our meetings on Thursday and Friday for final identification.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REMINDERS
- The ISTEP testing schedule continues this week. Thank you for your flexibility with the changes in specials schedules and all that goes with that.
- Doris Fulwider will be here for PD with first and second grades Monday and Tuesday afternoon.
- This week is the fifth grade trip to Flat Rock Camp. Special thanks to those of you "hosting" fifth grade students who will not be attending the camp this week.
- May 11th, David Klaus from Met Life will be here to meet with anyone who would like to go over his/her accounts. A sign-up sheet has been placed in the mail room.
- Results of the vote that teachers participated in to determine whether we will take part in the a school-wide math facts challenge and One School, One Book program next year are in! Both programs received an overwhelming "yes" vote, with 23/28 votes yes for the math facts challenge and 24/28 for One School, One Book. These two committees will meet next week to discuss next steps!
- Just a reminder that we need to be using the new Technology HelpDesk when any technology issues come up. Even if you know it's something that Misty can easily fix, please send the info to her through the help desk rather than by phone or email. The tech department uses the help desk to track how many issues are resolved within the building, so we want to be sure that Misty is shown to be fixing as many issues as she does!
- This week you will be receiving an email with a date and time for our final summative evaluation.
10-Day Forecast of Upcoming Events
No Staff Meeting Thursday - I Will Be Meeting with Individual Grade Levels on Thursday and Friday Instead; See Dates and Times Below
May 4 and 5, 2015
Doris Fulwider PD
Grades 1 and 2 p.m.
May 4, 2015
District High Ability Meeting
4:00 – 5:00
May 5, 2015
6th Grade Parent Orientation @ PCMS
May 6, 2015
May 6, 2015
Jennifer Johnson's Baby Shower
May 6-7, 2015
Outdoor Education – Grade 5 Flat Rock YMCA Camp
May 7, 2015
K, 1, and 2 Teachers - HA Identification Meeting During Prep Time
May 8, 2015
Grades 3 and 4 Teachers - HA Identification Meeting During Prep Time
May 11, 2015
6:30 – 7:30
May 12, 2015
Study Buddy Party
2:45 – 3:15
May 13, 2015
Jenny Lydick's Wedding Shower
May 14, 2015
Staff Meeting - End of Year Discussions
4:00 - 4:50
May 14, 2015
School Board Meeting
7:00 – 8:00 p.m.
May 15, 2015
ARRIVALS and DEPARTURES
- Kelsey Shrewsbury will (actually) be finishing her student teaching with Dayna Cade on Monday. She will transition to a Title I position beginning on Tuesday!
- Title Assistant - Dawn Grimes will also be finishing the year for us as a Title assistant. After having been "down" two assistants for the last several weeks, we are looking forward to being able to provide our students some extra assistance in a final "push" here at the end of the year.
- Last week we were able to celebrate our building Teacher of the Year, but this week we have found out that Karisa will be representing all four elementary schools at the district level as the Elementary Teacher of the Year. Congratulations, Karisa!
- I keep forgetting to "celebrate" having a new ice machine! I know many of you have already seen it in the teacher's lounge. This is a replacement for the one in the kitchen that has been on its last legs for the last few years. Please use the scoop on top to get ice when you need it.