Tuition Cost/ Scholarships
DO NOT be scared of the cost because 93% of the students receive financial aid!
-Goucher awards more than $44 million annually in financial aid (through grants, scholarships, loans, and federal work-study), and our average debt is almost 12 percent below the national average.
-There is a merit scholarship which is based on academic performance, with awards going to high-achieving students.
-first-year students who have excelled in and beyond their school community receive scholarships.
-Non-academic engagement and experiences, such as special talents and extracurricular achievement. Awarded to outstanding student leaders, this is a renewable scholarship.(these are for current students)
*In state and out of state tuition is the same because it is a private school.
Goucher College is dedicated to a liberal arts education that prepares students within a broad, humane perspective for a life of inquiry, creativity, and critical and analytical thinking.
The college's principal objectives are to help each student master significant areas of knowledge and skills while developing an appreciation for individual and cultural diversity, a sense of social responsibility and a system of personal and professional ethics
Relationships are at the heart of the Goucher experience.
- $55 application fee or waiver
- the essay portion of the application
- official high school transcript (grade 9 and up), listing courses in progress
- secondary school
reportwith a letter of recommendation from your college counselor or adviser
- recommendation letter from an academic teacher (English, math, science, foreign language or social studies)
- Early Decision Agreement Form (for early decision applicants only)
Goucher Video App
- $55 application fee or waiver
- a video no longer than two minutes
- a brief application form
- a signed statement of academic integrity
- one graded writing assignment
- one stellar scholastic work
GPA requirements: 3.24
Average ACT and SAT scores: don't need it
- Application and supporting materials due November 15
- Candidate deposit due January 15
Other requirements: You need to say your talents and about yourself
Room and Board
Sondheim Residence Hall ($6,532)
-Sondheim House is the cleanest and most comfortable, but students have to pledge not to smoke or drink within the house.
-This is our wellness and substance-free building. It offers a holistic community for students interested in healthy lifestyles and the support of a community that chooses to abstain from durgs and alcohol. The house offers suite-style living spaces which also include large open-spaced common rooms. In order to live in Sondheim students must submit an application yearly to be consdiered for a spot in Sondheim Residence Hall.
Enough of the boring part...
Student activities/ Sports/ Geek life on campus
-There is a Chapel and a Jewish center. In addition to a comprehensive undergraduate liberal arts education and excellent graduate programs, Goucher also offers more than 60 student-run clubs, well-established opportunities for community service and leadership, and a wide-ranging internship program. Students also compete in 17 NCAA Division III sports (basketball, volleyball, tennis, soccer, track and field, cross-country, swimming, field hockey, and lacrosse), national equestrian events, and intramural sports. And NO Greek life!
-Health care related majors
including:Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Podiatric Medicine, Optometry, Physician Assistant Programs, Pharmacy Doctorate and Doctorate in Physical Therapy programs. We also stress the intellectual discipline and problem-solving skills necessary for careers that require life-long learning.
"The premedical advising that Goucher offers is excellent; every step of the way, from deciding what classes to take as a freshman to scheduling interviews at medical schools, I knew what to expect and what I needed to do to succeed."
What courses are required in the degree plan and what will you learn?
• two semesters of biology with laboratory (up to four semesters at some schools)
• two semesters of inorganic chemistry with laboratory
• two semesters of organic chemistry with laboratory
• two semesters of math, at least one in calculus
• two semesters of physics with laboratory
• two semesters of English and/or writing
This will also help me get register for medical school as well.
- The class sizes, which are on avervage of 17 students
- No Greek life
- Easy application
-They help a lot financially
-Free cable, Internet, and laundry
- Not that much diversty. There is no diversity on this campus. Just because there might be 15 Asians and 30 Black people at a small college campus does not make you diverse. Also, people have to understand that newspaper journalists have reported horrible racist and discriminatory incidents against people of color on this campus.
- TOO EXPENSIVE. Tuition is a steep $37,640, one of the most expensive rates in the country.
Am I more or less interested?
I would say I was very excited because of all of the good things I saw on their website, and I was hooked. However, when I started seeing the prices and the student comments, I became less hooked.