Week of 3/23/15
Alternative Bell Schedule on Monday, 3/23/15
A Lunch 10:04-10:46
B Lunch 10:46-11:16
C Lunch 11:16-11:46
D Lunch 11:46-12:16
STAAR Test Dates - What You Need To Know
As you are aware, our 7th and 8th grade students will be taking the State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR) test on March 30th and 31st. We all look forward to ensuring that students are confident and comfortable during their test sessions so that they may perform their best. In order to facilitate a successful first round of testing, I have listed below some guidelines and suggestions you may follow from home:
1. Be sure to get a good night’s rest and eat a good breakfast the morning of testing. Breakfast will be served in the cafeteria as usual.
2. Be on time for the day of testing. Tests will start promptly at 8:30. Try and be in your room by 8:20am.
3. Be sure you bring appropriate testing supplies
a. 2 Number-2 Pencils
c. Highlighter (if you wish)
d. PAPERBACK book to read when finished testing
e. Dictionaries will be provided for the Reading and Writing tests.
4. In addition, students should bring a CLEAN sack lunch. If they don’t have a lunch, a sack lunch will be served from our cafeteria. Please send this with your child in the morning to help the lunch break run smoothly without interruptions. We request that you NOT bring lunches after 8:30am so that, as a campus, we can maintain a secure testing environment.
5. Items you should NOT bring:
b. Cell Phone
c. Pencil Bags
f. E-readers/Kindles (students may not use these after testing is finished)
***While it is not required, please consider leaving electronic devices/cell phones at home. Test Administrators will be collecting these from students before testing begins. They will then be returned when all test materials have been turned in and testing is complete.***
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me anytime, and I will be happy to help. I look forward to a successful first round of testing!!
Campus Testing Coordinator
Notice to Parents
If you have already paid for your portraits, thank you!
This is the last reminder to pay for Spring Portraits.
Select your favorites and pay online!
- Go to mylifetouch.com.
- Log in with your Portrait ID and Access Code, which is on your portrait package insert.
Drawing Club/Anime Club
Drawing Club, formerly known as Anime Club, is meeting now in Room 508 on Mondays after school. Any budding artists are encouraged to attend and explore new drawing techniques with Rachel Sandene. Rachel is hugely fun and creative. She is currently attending Collin College as an art major and will be focusing on various drawing themes each Monday. Contact club sponsor Marilyn Fuller if you have questions.
March 30 7th Grade STAAR Writing (Day 1)
March 31 7th Grade STAAR Writing (Day 2)
8th Grade STAAR Reading
April 20 8th Grade STAAR Math
April 21 6th Grade STAAR Math7th Grade STAAR Math
8th Grade STAAR Social Studies
April 22 6th Grade STAAR Reading7th Grade STAAR Reading
8th Grade STAAR Science
May 4 – 8 Algebra 1 EOC Window