Clear Creek Elementary
September 13, 2019
2 Hour Delayed Start: September 18th
For the first time, the school district is scheduling two delayed starts for Wednesday, September 18 and Wednesday, November 6. The start of school will be delayed by two (2) hours.
School bus transportation will take place on our delayed-start days. Pick up times will be adjusted by two (2) hours. If you have questions about transportation, please contact First Student at 913-422-8501.
JCPRD – Johnson County Parks & Recreation District will offer its Before School program as normal on delayed start days. Children must be enrolled in the Before School program in order to participate.
Schools will not offer breakfast on our delayed-start days.
Lunch options will be narrowed on delayed start days based upon level:
- Elementary – only Choice B and C offered
CCE LUNCH SCHEDULE WILL BE DELAYED 10 MINUTES FOR EVERY LUNCH PERIOD.
2nd Grade: 11:00-11:27
1st Grade: 11:35-12:02
5th Grade: 12:10-12:37
3rd Grade 1st lunch: 12:40-1:07
3rd Grade 2nd lunch: 1:20-1:47
4th Grade: 1:25-1:52
Parent Teacher Conferences are coming up September 25th & 26th
Kansas Teacher of the Year Nominations
The De Soto School District has been an important and strong participant in the Kansas Teacher of the Year Program for many years. De Soto has had fourteen state finalists and twelve semi-finalists represented in the program since 2000. Two of our very own teachers were chosen as The Kansas Teacher of the Year; Keil Hileman in 2004 and Jeri Powers in 2008. This is truly unprecedented! Matt Bradford (DHS) and Emily Valdez (SE) will be representing our district in the 2020 Kansas Teacher of the Year program. The 2020 Kansas Teacher of the Year will be announced in November in Wichita.
We would like for you to nominate any teacher whom you consider to be an outstanding and effective educator and whom you or your child has had as a teacher. This person must be a tenured employee of USD 232. If there is a De Soto educator whom you believe to be outstanding and deserving of special recognition, please fill out the form below. This form needs to be returned to your building principal by noon on October 4, 2019.
What are we doing in Character Class?
Reviewing Zones of Regulation
- Feel free to begin using the color zones (green, blue, yellow, and red) to communicate with students about emotional energy they are experiencing throughout the school day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns about this topic.
Peace Week Sept 30-Oct 4
- ·Thanks in advance for helping me celebrate CCE’s commitment to being a bully and drug free school!
- More detailed information to come in the next S’more regarding daily announcements and specifics on daily attire to really get into the spirit.
- Pop tabs and Community Service
- Community service time logs are available outside my classroom and at the office. They are due back to me by Friday, April 10. 2020.
- Thank you for collecting pop tabs to support the Ronald McDonald House. Please remind students to send them in bags marked with their name and class code. They will receive a token of my appreciation (jolly rancher) for their efforts. I will collect them throughout the entire school year.
Thanks so much!
CCE Calendar of Events:
Wednesday, Sept. 18th:
Late Start: 2 Hour Delay
Wednesday, Sept. 25th:
Half day of school: Dismiss at 12:10
Parent Teacher Conferences
Thursday, Sept. 26th:
No School: Parent Teacher Conferences
Friday, Sept. 27th: