The Glacier Bear Connection
SHERROD ELEMENTARY NEWSLETTER VOL 21.8
SEPTEMBER 21, 2020
It's super easy to report an absence through the Synergy PARENTVUE App. When using the app, please be sure to note the reason for absence along with the absent code.
It is super important that EVERY absence is reported. Thank you for helping us maintain accountability for all absences!
Virtue of the Week
The virtue of the week is CREATIVITY. Each week classes will select a student of the week who has demonstrated the week's virtue. Those students will be part of the morning show on Fridays.
Creativity is the power of imagination. It is discovering your own special talents. Dare to see things in new ways and find different ways to solve problems. With your creativity, you can bring something new into the world.
Student of the Week
Cashis Demit - Albert
Notes from Nurse Dana
Dress for the weather!
We are seeing an increase of nurse visits for cold toes and and hands. Morning mileage club can be quite cold and students are crying that their toes are cold from wearing sandals. Thank you for taking the time to send your child to school with weather appropriate gear. Sadly, sandal weather is behind us.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Nurse Dana 761-4103
School Dismissal Manager helps to keep your child safe while quickly communicating important dismissal details for school office staff. Talk with your school office staff today to get signed up.
Mark your calendars
- 9/20: Virtue of the Week: CREATIVITY
- 9/22: Tuesday Walking Club Last Name A-J begins 3:45 pm
- 9/24: Thursday Walking Club Last Name K-Z begins at 3:45 pm
- 9/27: Virtue of the Week: ASSERTIVENESS
- 9/29: Tuesday Walking Club Last Name A-J begins 3:45 pm
- 10/1: TENTATIVE Basketball Begins
- 10/1: Thursday Walking Club Last Name K-Z begins at 3:45 pm
- 10/4: Virtue of the Week: UNDERSTANDING
- 10/11: Virtue of the Week: PATIENCE
- 10/14: End of Q1
- 10/15: Great Alaskan Shake Out Earthquake Drill 10:15 am
- 10/18: Virtue of the Week: RESPONSIBILITY
- 10/25: Virtue of the Week: MODERATION
- 10/26-10/30: Red Ribbon Week Spirit Week
- 10/26: Red Ribbon Spirit Week: Wear Red Day
- 10/27: Red Ribbon Spirit Week: Aloha Day
- 10/28: Red Ribbon Spirit Week: Hat Day and/or Sherrod Colors (Blue/White)
- 10/29: Red Ribbon Spirit Week: Crazy Hair Day
- 10/30: Red Ribbon Spirit Week: Super Hero Day