Ms. Bertucci & Mrs. Wilkinson News February 15-19, 2016
- Please initial your child's behavior calendar every night. This is very important since this is our communication with you.
- Please send your child with a jacket every day, since we do go outside for recess and the weather changes dramatically in Texas. Please label all your children's belongings.
- Attendance is really important because first grade is around the corner and we still have a lot of material to cover to get them ready.
Reading at home
Parents please remember that it is very important to read with your child at home. We have provided two important resources for reading this six weeks.
First, your child should have received 10 sight word readers. These are paper books that the students should be able to read independently by the end of this 6 weeks.
Second, your child has access to the wonderful program called RAZ Kids! The students are getting a chance to read through books at school. You may access this vast library of books at their reading level through a tablet or computer. Visit https://www.raz-kids.com/ . Click on kids login. Input teacher username (cwilkinson7 or mbertucci0). Once you are in the classroom choose your child's name. Your child may read to you or read independently. Make sure your child is paying close attention as he/she is reading. In the 2nd level each child will have comprehension quizzes to complete to see if he/she understood the story. This is a great way to have conversations about what they are reading.
Jump Rope for Heart
February 15-19 2016
5 star sentences
When to use capitals
Focus Sight Words:
Being a Brave Speller
Writing 5 Star Sentences
Writing and solving subtraction problems
Objects in the Sky
United State Symbols
- February 15th - Student holiday/Teacher work day
- February 25th Jump Rope for Heart