Making the FULTONCONNECTion
Spotlight on Achievement Zone Best Practices Transition Services
Recently, we participated in the Achievement Zone Best Practices Transition meeting with middle and high school counselors and graduation coaches. We provided tools to assist with identifying rising 6th / 9th grade students and potential risk factors for at risk students.
During the meeting, we focused on areas that would facilitate their work around transition services for their incoming students such as the following:
IMS – Review Student Profile
Grades – Reviewed current courses
District Assessments – SLOs, Milestone Diagnostics, DPAs
In the new upcoming Data Utilization newsletter, we will spotlight material from the second part of the meeting.
We are wrapping up the 2015-2016 school year and SEC Department would like to ensure that all IEPs and Eligibilities are finalized in EASYIEP and all signature pages are uploaded. There will be EASYIEP training for all new and returning teachers beginning in the Fall 2016. Please stay tuned for official dates, times and locations of these trainings.
DPAs – Testing Begins!!
- The ELA and Math Diagnostic Placement Assessments are currently available for administration. The Kindergarten & 1st grade assessments are located on the Test Coordinators team site, and the grades 2-3 assessments are located in FultonConnect. Students may take the assessments through May 26, 2016.
Please note: The Assessment Department is providing all elementary and middle schools with NEW Diagnostic Placement Assessments for this spring’s administration. Because these are highly secure assessments, they will be provided for ONLINE administration only.
- Users with IMS testing issues, please contact the Help Desk (Datautilization@fultonschools.org or 470-254-4357).
- Viewing Data – The Assessment Department recommends using the Objective Mastery Student Report by Student report for viewing each student’s level of standards mastery. To view a percent score for a DPA administered through FultonConnect, run the Campus Student Score Listing by Student report.
For additional information about the DPAs, including directions to run the reports stated above, please visit the Diagnostic Placement Assessment website within the Employee portal.
Look for an e-mail soon regarding DPA testing for new students this summer.
Georgia Milestones Results
Farewell . . . . . . . . .
This will be the final release of the FultonConnect newsletter. Beginning in June, news for FultonConnect will be incorporated into a bi-monthly updates from Data Utilization. Look for tips on where to find and how to use information for instructional planning starting next month!
Edivate courses click path:
- Select "Resources"
- Select "Learning Targets"
- Select "Catalogs" (locate Academic Support)
- Click on "Title" to sort alphabetically (FultonConnect Self-Help courses)
Please visit our website for helpful resources:
- Scan QR code (below)
6201 Powers Ferry Rd NW
Atlanta, GA 30339
Follow us on twitter!