By: Sydney Hubert
About The Sun
- Did you know the sun is actually a star? The sun is like all other stars in how it is not solid because it is really a ball of gas. We just see the sun as a big fiery ball because it is much closer to the earth than any other stars.
- The sun is the biggest out of all the planets it measures 2,715,395 miles around. The other 8 planets orbit around the sun. The sun is also the center of the solar system.
- If the sun was the size of a regular doorway the earth would be a nickel. The sun is actually 1 million sizes bigger than the earth.
- The sun is composed of great burning balls of gases which are 92.1% hydrogen and 7.8% helium.
- The sun has been believed to be 4 million years old and it produces energy by nuclear fusion. Without the suns energy there would be no life on earth.
- The sun spins in one full cycle in 25 earth days.
The Sun's Layers
- The sun has 6 layers the core, radiative zone, connective zone, photosphere, cromosphere, and corona.
- Radiative Zone
- Connective Zone
- Chromosphere and Corona
‘’10 Amazing Facts About The Sun." YouTube. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Apr. 2015.
"NASA/Marshall Solar Physics." NASA/Marshall Solar Physics. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Apr. 2015.
NASA. NASA, n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2015.
"Our Sun - Sun For Kids - Facts About The Sun." Our Sun - Sun For Kids - Facts About
"SafeShare.TV." - The Safest Way To Watch and Share YouTube Videos. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2015.
"StarChild: The Sun." StarChild: The Sun. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2015
The Sun. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2015.