Increasing Student Achievement One Student at a Time
What is it?
This professional learning series is derived from and supports the Formative Assessment for Michigan Educators (FAME) project which is ten years in the making.
It is designed to train K-12 teachers on how to embed a researched-based and proven formative-assessment process into their daily practice.
During this four-day series, teachers will build capacity and a clear understanding of what it means to transform instruction to achieve increased student performance.
What will teachers learn?
How to develop and implement the formative assessment process in their daily practice.
The components of a formative-assessment process which include:
- learning targets and determining criteria for success
- aligned planning for student-focused learning
- effective use of student evidence
- application of formative-assessment strategies
- selection and use of appropriate formative-assessment tools
- effective feedback
- questioning that fosters metacognition
Click here to register by Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
A range of 5.75 to total of 23 SCECHs can be earned by participating in the series.