Data Protection Act
A summary of data protection in Law.
Data Protection Principles
Anyone using otherwise 'private' data has to follow strict rules, known as Data Protection Principles:
- Processing personal data fairly and lawfully.
- Processing personal data for specified purposes.
- The amount of personal data you can hold.
- Keeping personal data accurate and up to date.
- Retaining personal data.
- Recognizing and respecting the rights of individuals.
- Keeping information secure.
- Sending personal data outside the European Economic Area.
Computer Misuse Act
Examples of Personal Data
Examples of personal data include:
- Contact Information
- Employment History
- Medical Conditions
- Credit History