October 1, 2020
A Note from the Principal
Hello Central Families,
Fall is here! It's hard to believe that it's October already! We are off to a great start at Central. We can't thank you enough for all of the support you have given us during this unique school year. Our students have settled in amazingly well. I'm really proud of all of them!
Parent drop-off and pick-up is running smoothly and we appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation! in the morning, it would be helpful if your child was ready with their backpack, mask, and unbuckled, ready to get out of the car to keep our line running smoothly. Also, great job on using our car signs. It certainly helps with our process. Kudos to all of our families!
As a reminder for student safety, please do not drop off your student and allow them to walk through the parking lot by themselves. Oftentimes, they are not tall enough for people to see them through their rearview mirrors. Also, they are children and aren't always looking for the dangers around them. Please help us keep your child safe by using our drop off lines or walking them all the way to our crosswalk.
Beginning Tuesday, October 6, students will be required to wear their masks throughout the school day, including while in their classrooms. One other note regarding masks - It is important that students have a clean mask each day. It is also a good idea to have a 'back up' mask in your child's backpack. If at any time throughout the day a mask is broken or becomes wet or too dirty, we have extra masks here at school for them. I will also add that I am so proud of how well the students are doing with wearing masks and being responsible with them.
Again, I sincerely appreciate all of your support this year! Even with its challenges, it has been a wonderful start to the year!
Mrs. Kuzinski, Proud Principal
Updated Oct. 6, 2020
Positivity Project (P2)
Click here to check out P2 for Families (password: P2).
Way to go, Trevor! We are so proud of you!
After learning about curiosity, Mrs. Smith's class had some curiosities that they had to go explore.
Every morning, Mrs. Martinez greets our students with a positive message, quote or funny joke. What a great way to get everyone's day off to a great start!
Mrs. Schlegelmilch's class wrote positive messages for others and posted them on lockers!
Mrs. Kuzinski and Mrs. Duckworth are preparing to project a little positivity at Central!
Mrs. Earns's class has a POSITIVITY raffle jar that is quickly filling up!
- Monday: A salute to our Everyday Heroes! Wear red, white, and blue, camouflage colors or a shirt to represent our first responders or those in the military.
- Tuesday: Central Shines with Superheroes! Wear a superhero shirt. No costumes please.
- Wednesday: Reading is My Super Power! Wear a shirt with words on it or one that represents one of your favorite books.
- Thursday: Dress Your Best Day! You know what to do but for a fun twist on this day, dress your best for the virtual or Zoom world (business/fancy tops and casual bottoms).
- Friday: Davison Made Day! Calling our Cardinal super fans...Dress in your maroon and gold or Davison gear.
We will be celebrating Halloween with our students on Friday, October 23rd. Students should plan to wear their costumes to school. We will be planning activities throughout the day and students will celebrate with their classmates. Please look for more information from classroom teachers as to if they will be seeking any donations etc. for food/treats etc.
In consideration of student safety, enjoyment, and school policy, some reminders regarding costumes follow:
- Toy weapons are not allowed: this includes guns, knives, swords, pitchforks, laser swords, martial arts weapons, etc.
- Costumes depicting violence, blood, or scary creatures are not school appropriate
- Students will still need to wear their face masks on buses and in hallways
Scholastic Book Fair (Virtual This Year)
The Scholastic Book Fair is back! While the Fair will be exclusively held online this year, we still plan on making it a fun and joyous experience for our students. The Online Fair will include features like: Central’s own online store, games for kids, virtual store walk-throughs and more. Remember, every dollar you spend will benefit our school directly (25% back in rewards!).
Save these dates and view our school’s book fair site:
Fair Dates: Monday, October 12th – Sunday, October 25th
A Note on Birthday Celebrations
Virtual Meeting Info
- Tuesday, October 20
- 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 892 0142 2649
A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words
- Oct. 5: SPIRIT DAY - Wear red, white & blue!
- Oct. 6: SPIRIT DAY - Wear a superhero shirt!
- Oct. 7: Count Day - Your child's attendance is important!
- Oct. 7: SPIRIT DAY - Wear a shirt with words on it!
- Oct. 8: SPIRIT DAY - Wear your dressy clothes!
- Oct. 9: SPIRIT DAY - Wear your maroon & gold or Davison gear!
- Oct. 9: Davison Homecoming Parade & Game!
- Oct. 12-25: Central Virtual Book Fair...see the Library News section for more details.
- Oct. 23: Halloween Parties
- Oct. 23: Progress Reports Go Home
- Oct. 26-30: Intersession I - No School
- Nov. 2: School Resumes
- Nov. 2: School Board Meeting @ 7:00 p.m.
- Nov. 5: Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Nov. 6: No School for Students, Parent/Teacher Conferences 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.