CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
- ISTEP Update- We are 4 of 7 days through testing. Lots of smiles and thumbs up from our staff and students on how things are going thus far. Online testing is definitely a different animal than paper/pencil, but the students are doing a great job with it! I have a few make-ups, but attendance was great this week. THANK YOU for getting them here on time and ready to go. Three more days!
- ISTEP Theme Days have been a huge hit! I've put some photos from Jersey Day on the newsletter, but I would encourage you to follow us on Instagram (csa_lincoln) for photos from the whole week. I'm really excited about next week's theme days (see below)!
- IRead Results- Results from this year's 3rd grade IREAD test are headed home today. Our students did AWESOME! If you have any questions about the report, please let me know.
- Staffing is a big piece of my Spring. Well, at least it has been the last two years! This year we are only interviewing for one teaching position. Mrs. Grueninger (Second Grade) will be leaving at the end of the year. When we interviewed Mrs. Grueninger she was very transparent about her only being here for one year because of her husband's position in the church. While we could have hired any number of candidates, we chose her because she was the best. She has been a wonderful addition to our staff and we are very sad to see her go. We are also happy for her because she has already found a teaching job in St. Louis for next school year. Please wish Mrs. Grueninger the very best!
- This past Wednesday our CIC (myself, teachers, parent, and a community member) interviewed five candidates and will be conducting second round interviews next Monday. Over 25 people have applied for the position. While we cannot replace Mrs. Grueninger, we have strong candidates for next year. I'll let you know once we make a decision.
- That brings me to two of your favorite topics. Teacher Grade Level Changes: At this time, other than hiring a new second grade teacher, I do not plan to make any changes to teacher grade level assignments. While things can change, that is not something I foresee happening. Parent Input- Like last year, you are welcome to share any input with your student's current teacher. As has always been done at CSA Lincoln, current grade level teachers will create the class rosters for next year. Mrs. Shaw and myself, our Special Education teacher, will review and make final decisions regarding 2017-2018 class rosters.
Timeline- Parents have until May 12th to share any input with current teacher.
Final decisions on class rosters will be made before May 30th and shared with teachers.
- May 30th will be Move Up Day. Students will learn who their teacher for next year is and will spend time in the afternoon building relationships with their new teacher and classmates. Each teacher is currently completing an individual profile of their students that will be given to next year's teacher. This is a great tool for our teachers to learn about their future students. Like last year, we will also share current 6th grade profiles with the middle school to help ease the transition.
- The last student day, May 31st, will be Field Day held at Donner Park! We will need parent volunteers so if you are able to join us for the day we would GREATLY appreciate your help. We literally cannot make that day happen without parent support. Look for a sign-up in the near future.
- Remember a couple of weeks ago when I talked about Our Kids and how some high ability students had the option to transfer after third grade to one of the AC programs? I learned today that all of our kids chose to stay at CSA Lincoln. That's committment. Go Huskies!
Have a great weekend!
This morning Adele, Sophia and Nolan helped me with announcements (pictured).
ISTEP Part 2- Week 2!
Grades 3-6: April 25-27 (T-TH)
ISTEP Theme Days
Tuesday (4/25)- Dress to Impress- All dressed up and ready to go!
Wednesday (4/26)- Farmer Day- Time to Git Er Done!
Thursday (4/27)- Ninja/Kung Fu/Karate- Time to finish off ISTEP!
Friday (4/28)- Zombie Day- Testing is over. We made it...or did we?
Husky Gram Winners
Cookies & Canvas
Thank you to all who came out to make some art and support our school! We were nearly at max capacity! Mrs. Blackerby did an amazing job in leading everyone in creating their own special bunny painting and a great time was had by all. The homemade cookies from Soups by Design were excellent too! Over all this was a very FUN fundraiser and if you're disappointed that you didn't get to make it this time, be sure to watch for upcoming Cookies & Canvas events as we will definitely be doing it again!
Teacher Appreciation Week
Next week is Teacher Appreciation Week. The staff will have different things going on all week to let them know how much they are appreciated! If you are interested in helping to make our teachers feel extra special next week click here to see the opportunities available.
http://signup.com/go/gzbvRc - This is the link for the signup
May the 4th be with you....
Star Wars Bowling is coming up soon! Watch for more details and sign up slips to come home next week!
CSA-Lincoln Art Show
Mrs. Blackerby and our little CSA artists will be putting on an Art Show on May 11th at 5:30. There will be student art, activity tables, and much more. The PTO and Linden Project Committee will also be there hosting a bake sale fundraiser to support our playground and outdoor learning environment project. Mrs. Blackerby will be in need of some volunteers to help with various aspects of this event. A SignUp.com volunteer registration link will be coming out next week if you are able to pitch in!
Teacher Appreciation Week- May 1 - May 5th
Star Wars Bowling - May 4th @ 5:30pm
CSA-Lincoln Art Show - May 11th @ 5:30pm
Cookies and Canvas
37th Annual Elementary School Fitness Run- May 13th, 2017
The 37th Annual Elementary School Fitness Fun Run will be held at Mill Race Park on Saturday, May 13, 2017 beginning at 10:00 a.m. The run is hosted by the Columbus Running Club and is open to ALL elementary school students in Bartholomew AND surrounding counties.
Flyer about registration can be found here.
• Preschool & Kindergarten – 1⁄4 mile
• 1st & 2nd Grade – 1⁄2 mile
• 3rd & 4th Grade – 1 mile
• 5th & 6th Grade – 1 mile
Please share The Linden Project #celebratecolumbus video on Facebook!
BCSC Pre-K Applications
Our BCSC Pre-K Program is now accepting applications. Children must be 4 years old on or before August 1st, 2017. The application process will remain open, but we will start filling classroom rosters in March. The application can be found on the BCSC homepage. The direct link is, http://www.bcsc.k12.in.us//cms/module/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=1050. For more information, please feel free to contact us at 812-376-4569.
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!