Mr. Basciano's Grade 7 Class
Tools to Support Student Success & Improve Parent Engagement
FATHER MICHAEL McGIVNEY PRAY FOR US!!!
The Catholic Graduate is expected to be:
- A discerning believer formed in the Catholic Faith community who celebrates the signs and sacred mystery of God's presence through word, sacrament, prayer, forgiveness, reflection and moral living.
- An effective communicator who speaks, writes and listens honestly and sensitively, responding critically in light of gospel values.
- A reflective, creative and holistic thinker who solves problems and makes responsible decisions with an informed moral conscience for the common good.
- A self-directed, responsible, lifelong learner who develops and demonstrates their God-given potential.
- A collaborative contributor who finds meaning, dignity and vocation in work which respects the rights of all and contributes to the common good.
- A caring family member who attends to family, school, parish, and the wider community.
- A responsible citizen who gives witness to Catholic social teaching by promoting peace, justice and the sacredness of human life.
VALUABLE READING FOR PARENTS:
Check in regularly for updates....
Keep up with the school news and events:
All Monthly School Newsletters
Math Extra Practice Worksheets:
MR. B's PARENT ENGAGEMENT QUESTION:
JANUARY PARENT ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITY # 1:
(1) Draw a sketch of your bedroom on the recycled Graph Paper Provided.
(2) Measure the dimensions of each wall in metres (use measuring tape or a sewing measure)
(3) Find the approximate area of your Bedroom and bring it back to class on Thursday
(4) Make sure to use the measurement formulas worked on in class.
DECEMBER PARENT ENGAGEMENT QUESTION:
TABLE OF VALUES
Term # Term Value
1 __________ _4______
(1) Complete the Table of Value above to the 10th term.
(2) Write a pattern rule based on the previous term in the sequence.
(3) Use the term # to create a rule to determine the Term Value.
(4) Find the 20th term in the sequence using your answer from #3 above. Check your answer by extending your table of values.
Together - with a parent, guardian or older sibling - complete the following questions in your Math Journal / Notebook bring your answers to school. USE GRAS WHERE APPROPRIATE!!!!
November Parent Engagement Question:
The following are the games won by the Toronto Maple Leafs over the past 5 NHL Seasons 37, 35, 26, 38, 30.
Together - with a parent, guardian or older sibling - explain how to calculate the 3 Measures of Central Tendency based on the data set above. USE GRAS!!!!
FINANCIAL LITERACY FOR KIDS......
AVENGERS MAD MONEY SKILLS COMIC
FINANCIAL SOCCER GAME