What's Up Weekly!
GIDDINGS INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
Please read the information below carefully as we have a few improvements as we are life long learners and are always working towards being the best that we can be.
Here are the changes you can read more about below:
1) Students have a TAKE HOME FOLDER, no more agenda..
2) Students 5 Step behavior sheet is traveling with them throughout the school day.
Please let me know what questions you may have, I am here to help.
Thank you for your continued support!
Tuesday January 7th- Beginning of 4th 6 weeks
Wednesday January 8th- College Shirt day
Monday January 20th- Student Holiday
Tuesday Jan. 21- Jan. 30- Online STAAR Interim Benchmarks (Online)
Learn with IXL at home!
We’re using IXL to support our curriculum this year, and your child has access to this online program at home. With thousands of skills that match what we’re learning, as well as insights into student progress, IXL is a great resource to help your child excel.
TOP WAYS TO USE IXL AT HOME
Encourage your child to work on the diagnostics 10 minutes every night.
2) Explore personalized skill suggestions
Encourage your child to visit their Recommendations wall for helpful review or new challenges—it’s full of skills picked just for them!
3) Stay in the loop
Sign in to your child’s account and click on Analytics to see what they’ve been working on and take a peek at their progress. Celebrate your child’s accomplishments Want to receive certificates whenever your child reaches a milestone? Sign in, click on their profile icon, and enter your e-mail address under “Profile & settings”.
We value our relationships with parents and appreciate the opportunity to partner with you to help our children grow and learn throughout the school year.
If you are ever willing to help in any way, please let us know! We appreciate your support!
?! Riddle of the Week ?!
Repeat to Remember...
- The brain has many types of memory systems. One type follows four stages of processing: encoding, storing, retrieving, and forgetting.
- Information coming into your brain is immediately split into fragments that are sent to different regions of the cortex for storage.
- Most of the events that predict whether something learned also will be remembered occur in the first few seconds of learning. The more elaborately we encode a memory during its initial moments, the stronger it will be.
- You can improve your chances of remembering something if you reproduce the environment in which you first put it into your brain.
Brain Rules by John Medina
Reply to the riddle of the week with the correct answer to receive a prize from Mrs. Floyd.
Please send an email response to the riddle of the week- the first 3 responses will win.
Riddle of the week...
What is a way we can ensure that a memory will be remembered.
Student's have a Take Home Folder :)
On the left pocket they will put work or notes to take home. On the right side they will put work to be completed.
There are a few helpful resources in between. Included in this are monthly calendars. The students will be writing test dates and important information on the calendar.
Students will use teacher given passes to the restroom, we are no longer using the individual/limited passes.
The student's 5 step behavior sheets will travel with them from class to class and will also start over each 6 weeks.
Thank you for your support in helping our students to learn organizational and behavior skills that will help them in the future.
We appreciate your support!
We are excited for a great spring semester at GIS! Please review our campus procedures, Thank you!
Character Counts!! #BuffPride
Check out our new Campus website with Live Feed announcements and campus calendar.