Volume 3 Edition #8 September 18, 2023
September 19 -
September 20 - T-Time - Clubs, Interests, and Hobbies, Booster Cub Meeting @ 7:30 in the commons
September 22- T-Time - Academic Activities & the PSAT meeting
September 25th - NO SCHOOL
September 19 - JV Girls Golf (away), Girls Tennis (home), Boys Soccer (away), Volleyball (away)
September 20 -
September 21 - Varsity Girls Golf (away), Cross Country (away), Boys Soccer (away), Freshman Volleyball (away),
September 22 - Football (home vs Salina)
September 23 - Girls Tennis (away), Debate (away), Freshman Volleyball (away), Cross Country (away)
BOOSTER CLUB MEETING
NOTES FROM THE OFFICE
AP TEST SIGN UPS
- Students have the option to pay exam fees online through the district online payment system or take a check or exact cash to the front office.
Exam sign-up is a 3 part process.
1. Sign up for ALL preferred exams on the Google Form linked below.
2. Make sure that they are signed into each AP Classroom section they wish to test for on
3. Pay for all AP exams by October 12th either in the AHS front office
or on the district payment system.
Exams are $98 each. Please list the student name and the exams you are paying for in your check memo or on an envelope if you are paying in cash. Exams can also be paid for online through our district payment system.
- Please note that the front office does not carry change. Please bring the exact amount if you pay with cash.
- Students who qualify for free or reduced lunches qualify for a decreased rate and need to confirm their payment amount with Mrs. Lang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Google Form Sign Up: https://forms.gle/mtWHi7raj5taACoY6
We will be hosting an ACT Test Prep Course taught by Power Prep, a Midwest-based company that has specialized in ACT preparation for 15+ years.
This class is designed for any student who wants practical and relevant information on how to increase their ACT score. Although targeted towards Juniors, all grades are welcome to participate.
Taught by Carolyn Devane,, who has taught ACT classes to Kansas students for over 20 years, this course helps prepare students for what to expect on the ACT and provides resources, insight, and strategies for improving performance.
Dear AHS families,
- This is a friendly reminder that Letters have been either emailed or mailed via USPS for students who are currently non-compliant with their school-required immunizations.
- If you have a child who has already turned 16 years of age, please note that they are due for a Meningococcal A, C, W, or Y booster.
- Starting next school year ALL school-aged students will be required to have the two-dose Hepatitis A series. If your student does not currently have this series, or it is not completed please talk to your primary care provider at their next appointment about completing this series.
- Starting in October we will be conducting hearing and vision exams on Sophomores as a state requirement. You will be notified of any concerns with your student upon completion of their exam.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions.
-AHS Nursing Staff