Special Education News Update
February 15, 2016
Have an AMAZING week!!
In order to ensure consistency with our procedures across grade levels and buildings, we are being asked to complete IEP Progress Reports by March 21. At the K-5 level, all printed progress reports will be given to the general education teacher to send home with the rest of the information packet and report card. If you are emailing progress reports to parents, you may continue to do so, but also email your progress reports to the general education teacher. We are working on how to access general education report cards. In the meantime, feel free to ask for a copy of the report card.
- Only one purpose can be checked on the REED. Either check ongoing (if not questioning eligibility) or check change (if questioning eligibility even if you don't end up changing the eligibility).
- Check the change eligibility box if there is a possibility that the student may no longer qualify (regardless if that is what the team ultimately decides or not).
- A REED does need to be completed if adding or removing services.
- To create an Amendment, click on the latest finalized version of the document, go to more options (in the finalized document) and click create revision. The purpose will pop up as Amendment. List sections that will be amended, the date, and put a statement in the Other Considerations Page that clearly states the date you did the amendment, what you did and why.
Case Manager Changes:
- If an IEP has a change in case manager, please make a note when notifying Molly that the document is finished
- Please DO NOT put Full Time Special Education/Full Time General Education on the notice page as options considered (unless you truly did consider those as options)
Students Transitioning to New Buildings in the Fall
- Please remember to include the programs and services for the next building on your IEP and invite relevant staff to your meeting
Medicaid Letter/Notice in Tienet:
- Scan and email signed Medicaid Form (initials and transfers from out of county) to Diane Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org). Do not upload to Tienet yourself.