Don't let food affect your mood
What is Anorexia Nervosa?
Anorexia Nervosa is an inadequate food intake leading to a weight that is clearly low. People who have this order has an extreme fear of weight gain and a obsession with food. Some causes that have triggered this way of thinking of are having eating problems during infancy, having a negative self image, or trying to always be perfect. The affect on the body can cause bone weakening, low potassium level, tooth decay, and seizures.
5 Things to know about Anorexia Disorder
- Eating disorder are a daily struggle for 10 million females and 1 million males in the United States
- Anorexia has the highest fatality rate of any mental illness
- Only 1/3 of individuals suffering with anorexia receive treatment
- 4.2% of women have suffered from anorexia in their lifetime
- 4% of anorexic individuals die from complications of the disease
Anorexia Nervosa Treatment
Treatment for Anorexia Nervosa involves psychology treatment and a supervised weight gain. You must treat this disorder as soon as possible. Treatments involve psychiatrists, psychologists, specialist counselors, and dietitians. But before treatment starts members will develop a plan. Most patients are outpatients, which means they are able to go home. Many people suffer this condition because they feel they have to look a certain image. But that is not the case, everyone is born with different bodies. So be happy with yours.
Anorexia Nervosa: Being Too Thin - An Inside Story [ BBC FULL DOCUMENTARY]