Ways to +,-,x,/ for fractions
By Marty Hightower
Adding and subtracting fraction
- First you look to see if you have common denominators. If you do skip the next bullet point.
- If you don't than multiply the numerator and denominator to get the lowest common multiple.
- Once you're done with that the add or subtract the numerator by the of thee numerator and add or subtract the denominator by the denominator.
- Simplify it if you can.Now you get answer!!!
- First you line up the fractions
- Then you multiply across( numerator to numerator, denominator to denominator)
- Then you simplify if you can
- Then you're done!
- First you change the second number to it's reciprocal
- Then you multiply across
- Then simplify
Adding and subtracting decimals
- First you line up your decimal points and place a zero in an empty place value if needed
- Then you add or subtract like a regular number
- Then you drop down the decimal
- And you got an answer!