CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
There is no better way to start your day then with positive news! I usually go to the 5:30 a.m. Cardio Boot Camp class held at Total Fitness three days a week. I use "usually" loosely because as the temperature has dropped, my ability (sigh...ok my drive) to get up on time has waned a bit. Nevertheless, I made it this past Wednesday and was walking out of class with Jana Bartels. Jana has two daughters, Cora and Evelyn, at CSA Lincoln. She shared with me their nightly routine of "highs and lows". Every family member shares a high and low about their day. She said that Evelyn always shares that getting to go to school at CSA Lincoln is her "high". That was an incredible way to start my day and received lots of smiles when I shared it with our staff!
Thank you for continuing to promote CSA Lincoln to interested families. On average, I am giving 1-2 tours to prospective parents and students each day. If I had a dollar for every time a parent has told me "We've heard nothing, but great things about CSA Lincoln", Calvin's 529 would be in really good shape!
Please continue to share with prospective families about the application window. We had a record number of first day applicants this year! Last year 21 people applied on the first day to CSA Lincoln or CSA Fodrea. This year that number grew to 45!
- I want to thank you for the positive feedback in regards to the And 1 Challenge! In addition to the many great things you have done on your own, our students have truly bought into the giving spirit. There are now three initiatives surrounding holiday giving. Jake Pope (video below) loves animals and wanted to see if CSA Lincoln would be willing to partner with City Hall to collect donations for the Columbus Animal Care. So we are supporting And 1 Pet next week! Watch the short video to learn about the project. First Grade is collecting canned goods next week for the Love Chapel. Second Grade is supporting Turning Point by collecting basic supplies next week too! More information on these initiatives is included in this newsletter.
- The BCSC 360 Holiday 2017 video is also included. Dr. Roberts shares a holiday message with all BCSC families. It ties very well with our school's focus of giving back.
- First Grade Students had a busy week! On Tuesday, they participated in the Indiana Pacer Big Toy Giveaway that was held at The Commons. They received a gift for their hard work in collecting toys for the Firemen's Cheer Fund. On Wednesday, students worked at the Love Chapel and Firemen's Cheer Fund packaging food and toys. We went to CSA Central to listen to fairy tale stories written by 7th graders on Thursday. A link is included with photos from their very busy week!
- Congratulations to our LEGO Robotics Team for placing Top Ten at the state championships this past weekend. In addition, they earned the Professionalism Award that is given to one team at the state meet! We are extremely proud of their hard work! A photo recap of their season is included. #workhardplayhard
- Reminder that Enrollment forms are due back next Friday, December 15th. Every class that has 100% turned in will earn a pizza party. As a school, 92% have already turned the form in with 100% of those students planning to be back next year. Go CSA Lincoln!
- The 5th Grade Young Apprentice Project just wrapped up yesterday with students interning at several business locations around Columbus. Prior to Thanksgiving Break, students created resumes and interviewed with business representatives. They were then "hired" and worked out in the field. We owe a very special THANK YOU to those businesses and organizations for their time and hospitality. We also want to thank the many parent volunteers for helping make this possible. Below are links to many of the photos from their big day. In addition, the Columbus Fire Department and Columbus Police Department posted on Facebook about their big day!
- The 3rd Grade Choir Concert was last night. I included a short clip from the dress rehearsal on our Facebook page. Great job students!
- We did a trial run of streaming this week's Town Hall Meetings via Facebook Live on the CSA Lincoln Community Facebook page. Hopefully, this will allow parents who can't attend an opportunity to still see their students in action.
Have a great weekend,
First and Second Grade- And 1
First Grade is collecting food for Love Chapel. Please bring cereal, peanut butter, canned fruits, canned vegetables, canned beans, macaroni and cheese, etc. for those in need.
The food drive will end on Friday, Dec. 15th. The winning class will receive a cookies and cocoa party!
2nd grade invites you to take the AND 1 Challenge:
To go along with the AND 1 challenge, 2nd grade partnered up with a community organization that has asked us for help this holiday season.
Stephen Dishinger and Elisabeth Jones from Turning Point came in and did a lesson on kindness and asked for help for their clients. Attached is a list of current basic supplies and holiday item request lists.
If you were looking for a way to positively impact the lives of others in the community and accept the AND 1 challenge by helping this fantastic organization in our community, here is your opportunity.
We will be collecting the items here at school from now until December 13th (we will take the items over there for our group).
6th Grade Poetry and Short Story Reading
6th Grade Poetry & Short Story Readings in the Community:
Our 6th grade students will be at local establishments next week sharing their writings and promoting literacy in our community. They would love if you could stop by and support them and pick up a quick treat. The donations and percentages will go towards their Chicago trip in May.
December 11, 12:00pm- Gramz Bakery and Cafe (mention CSA Lincoln when ordering)
December 12, 12:00pm- Viewpoint Books
December 13, 12:00pm- Lucabe Coffee Company (there will be a tip jar)
December 14. 6:00pm- Yo Mama Frozen Yogurt & More (mention CSA Lincoln when ordering)
The Banana Ninjas Strike Again! Top Ten at the State Championships!
Thanks to the many parents who volunteered and photographed our students!
Pacer Big Toy Giveaway Love Chapel/ Firemen's Cheer Fund Fairy Tale Stories with CSA Central
BCSC Pre-K Application
Husky Gram Winners
Staff Holiday Breakfast
Thank you to those who have nearly filled all of the volunteer spots for our Staff Holiday Breakfast! We still have a few spots open so if you could, please take a look to see if you are able to help us out on Tuesday, December 19th!
Reminder: December PTO Meeting next week!
December PTO Meeting - Thursday, Dec 14th 6-7pm
Staff Holiday Breakfast - Tuesday, Dec 19th
Winter Break - Dec 21 - Jan 7
CSA Lincoln Pacers Night - Friday, March 23th (Watch for order form after Christmas Break)
Perfect Attendance Contest
When: September 18th- December 15th
What: Perfect Attendance means 100% of the time the student is present. This means no appointment, no tardies, and no early dismissals.
*Students with perfect attendance will be eligible to receive a special prize.
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley