THE PROUD PANTHER
Quakertown Community High School - January 2021
Live Instruction For All Classes
As a reminder, all courses continue to offer a live streaming of their instruction and students are now expected to attend the live Google Meets for each of their classes every day, following the usual bell schedule. If there is an extenuating circumstance that prevents your child from participating in the live Google Meets at their scheduled time, please contact their School Counselor to discuss the situation.
Peer Tutoring Available!
AP/Electives Fair and Freshman Orientation - January 14
At the end of this month we will start our course selection process for next school year and in order for students to get a good idea of our course offerings we will host our AP/Electives Fair and Freshman orientation on Thursday, January 14 from 5pm until 7:30pm. Naturally, the fairs will look vastly different from prior years as we will not be able to host these in-person. Below is an outline of the event, and additional information will be communicated later this week.
- Each AP and Elective course will present a brief video overview of the course. These videos will be available on our website starting at 5 pm.
- There will be a Q&A session with each AP or Elective teacher from 6 pm until 7:30 pm. Links for Q&A sessions will be available on our website by 5 pm and will open at 6 pm.
- Students and families are encouraged to watch as many videos as they like and join the Q&A sessions as they like.
- On January 14 at 5 pm we will launch a Freshman Orientation website with information for our incoming 9th grade students. This website will include introductory videos by each of our ninth grade teachers.
- From 5:30 pm-6-30 pm we will have a presentation for all to join.
- At the conclusion of the program, parents will have access to breakout rooms by subjects (6:30-7:30 pm). In those rooms you will have opportunities to ask you questions related to the topic of each break out group. These will all be posted on our website prior to Tuesday.
Attendance Update Requests
Walking While Black - Love is the Answer
Ethan Clark Named UBCTS Student of the Month for December 2020
Ethan Clark, a senior from the Small Engine Technology Program, has been named the Student of the Month for December at the Upper Bucks County Technical School (UBCTS). Ethan is the son of Juli and Christina Clark of Quakertown. He attends Quakertown Community High School.
Ethan is a Cooperative Education student trainee employed by Trumbauer’s Motor Sports in Quakertown, PA. He is a set up and service technician and has received all excellent evaluations from his employer. He has also excelled in the Small Engine Program and was named Most Outstanding Level I and Level II student. He has earned the OSHA 10-hour safety certification and several other safety and training certifications.
Ethan was also named a member of the National Technical Honor Society and has competed and won the gold medal at the SkillsUSA District Power Equipment Technology competition.
Ethan contributes to the community by serving as a junior fire fighter for the Richlandtown Fire Company and is currently preparing to earn his Eagle Scout rank.
Ethan completed course work in the UBCTS/ Bucks County Community College Technical Entrepreneurship Program. After graduation, he plans to attend Bucks County Community College and earn a degree in Fire Science. He will pursue a career in professional firefighting.