Year 10 Newsletter
Discovery College Class of 2018
- Also, well done to Cosima, Howard and Jimmy for being awarded a distinction from the Centre of Mathematics and Computing. This means that they scored in the top 25% of all participants in the Pascal Contest. Another congratulations to Soovin, who was awarded a medal in this competition.
- These are amazing accomplishments, and there is so much talent in our grade, some that other students may not know about. If you know something that you feel that you or another student has achieved, please let an Ambassador know. Again, well done guys!
This week's events
- This week, Friday, May 1st, is Labour Day. There is no school (long weekend).
- Smart Card: Make sure you have one! You will need it on the upcoming Ocean Park trip! The date of the trip will be June 6th (Friday). For now, the decision is for students to come in school uniform, however it is not yet confirmed. A schedule of the day will be posted next week.
- No Boundaries: Please drop off a copy of your passport to the front office ASAP (applicable only for students going abroad).
- For any students participating in a Cobra Team, final photo's will be taken this week on Monday and Tuesday. The schedule can be found here: http://explorer.discovery.edu.hk/2015/04/21/cobra-team-photos-next-week/
- Students who are not returning for Year 11, please inform your parents that the deadline for the Student Withdrawal Notice is Thursday, 30th April. The form is on the school website, under "Admissions."
- Book Week Participants: Winners will be announced next week!
- The Year 10 EOY formal is coming up! We'll let you know more details later, but if you have any feedback or ideas based off of the previous formal, please approach an Ambassador and let us know! Our goal is to create the perfect night for you, so the more feedback, the better! The pictures from the previous formal are linked below.