The Wise Wing
December 4, 2020
Happy Friday Hawk Families!! We hope you have a restful weekend planned. December is here! As we get ready to close out the year, we are looking forward to celebrating December activities with you. As we move into colder weather, we are bound to see more sniffles. Remember we are operating under strict guidance from The Department of Health and Human Services, as well as Wake County Public Schools. Remember sick students must stay home. You are always welcome to call us with questions!
Who Attends School Dec 7-11?
News & Updates
Spring Learning Options
- The Spring Virtual Academy enrollment window for Elementary Students is open NOW! The window is open December 2 through December 9. Parents will choose to opt in to virtual learning for the remainder of the school year OR indicate that their child will return to in-person instruction at the start of second semester.
- Middle School Families can contact our administrative team for questions about their child's status.
COVID QUARANTINE REMINDERS
Remember if any member of a family has COVID related symptoms ALL family members are required to quarantine. Likewise, if any member of a family is diagnosed with COVID, ALL family members are required to quarantine.There are no exceptions.
- If you (parent) are COVID positive, your student(s) must quarantine for 14 days. Even if they do not have symptoms!
- If one sibling has symptoms or is COVID positive, ALL siblings must stay home during symptoms or quarantine.
- COVID Symptoms are not limited to a fever. Any student displaying COVID Symptoms (fever, sore throat, cough, severe wheezing, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or un-determined foot/hand rashes) will be required to stay home.
- If a student is sent home with COVID symptoms, all family members at the same address, must be sent home. All members of the family must follow guidelines for COVID return. Students may return sooner if the family sees a doctor and receives a negative PCR test or alternative diagnosis confirmation.
Details are available here: https://www.wcpss.net/page/45513 (under FAQs)
Hilburn Virtual Book Fair Is Here!
Virtual events will take place the week of Dec 7-11. Ordering will be open for Dec 7-14. There will be guest readers every evening of the fair! Visit our Hilburn Website to see the guest readers on Monday, December 7-Friday, December 11.
Book Fair Chair: Stephanie Avett
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
SHOP - www.bedfordfallsusa.com/login
- Online ordering open December 7th-14th
- Create an account--School code: HA1
- Free shipping to your home! ($10 minimum)
- Lists for Award winning books & Teacher wishlists.
- Proceeds buy books for our library & classrooms
- NOTE: Wishlists are listed on the Bedford website and visible to those who register only. Books ordered off a wishlist will be delivered to your address, and your student can deliver them to school after winter break.
Hilburn Giving Tree
Dear Hilburn Academy Families and Neighbors,
Each year Hilburn Academy staff, parents, and community members come together to support families in need during the holiday season by providing needed items for students and their families. We would love to invite you to get involved by sponsoring a student this year. This year, we are asking for donations of gift cards in $10 increments to local stores such as Food Lion, Walmart, Target, or Harris Teeter. To sponsor a student please fill out this Google Form with your information and plan for donating. We ask that all gift cards be turned in to the school no later than December 14, 2020. Cards can be dropped in the Main Office!
Additionally, if your family is in need of assistance this holiday season, please contact our school counselor, Lizzie Knapp, at email@example.com or 919-571-6800 ext. 26027.
CLICK HERE TO GIVE
Time Capsule & Talent Show
Time Capsule & Talent Extravaganza
On December 15, 2020 at 6:30pm, we will come together for a virtual night of family fun! We will share items from our students and staff that will be going into the 25th Anniversary Time Capsule, and showcase some amazing Hawk Talent!
Here’s the scoop:
· All Hilburn Academy students or staff member are welcome to apply!
· Each performer will have a 2 minute performance time.
· Performance ideas include: dancing, singing, playing an instrument, telling jokes, magic tricks, reciting poetry, DJing, and more!
· There is no judging of any kind. This is just for fun!
· We have a limit of 20 performances. The first 20 approved talents will perform.
· Any performance must be approved by Wednesday, December 9.
· Register by completing this online form.
· The performance schedule will be distributed the morning of the show, December 15.
· Watch/Join the show on December 15 at 6:30pm by clicking this Google Meet Link: meet.google.com/jan-yuuu-wnj
· All microphones should be muted during the show, except for the performer!
· Because performers won’t hear applause, we ask that families create signs that say “GREAT JOB,” “YOU ROCK,” or “AWESOME,” etc. to hold up when each person is done performing.
PARENTS: Please complete the survey at https://bit.ly/hawktalent by Wednesday, December 9 to reserve one of the 20 talent spots. By completing this survey, you, are giving permission for your student to participate in the Virtual Talent Show.
CONGRATS & HAWK OF THE WEEK
Please take a moment to check the December Counseling Resources from our amazing CASS Team!