Moran Prairie Messenger
Weekly Moran Prairie Family and Community Newsletter
Friday September 23rd
Some amazing things happened this week:
- Kinder started learning about the Zones of Regulation (see video below, useful for all students!)
- First grade practiced identifying nouns as people, places, things, or animals.
- Second grade did some partner reading!
- Current and former third grade teachers were caught in the staff room talking math and how to use more math games with their students!
- Fourth graders practiced using number lines to round up or down large numbers.
- Fifth graders were reading about the sun and light traveling through space.
- And sixth graders had their first field trip!
Cross country families! The first time trial is next Thursday September 29th here at Moran! As this is different than a practice, it will run later. The activity bus is scheduled for 5:15. More information to come from our couches!
Please remember to send in your signed enrollment verification form by next Friday!
As the weather gets colder, please send students to school with appropriate clothing! We still go outside to play, to line up, to dismiss, etc.
We will be starting our annual Joya Penny Drive in October. Stay tuned for more information once we have our kick-off assembly scheduled!
Individual Picture Day is coming up on Thursday October 13th! Picture forms will be delivered to the school and sent home for you to order.
Our fall Moran Prairie spirit gear sale will begin October 7th and run through October 21st. Order forms and information coming soon!
Please remember not to park in the ADA parking spots during morning arrival/dismissal unless you have a permit. We have families and guardians who pick up and need access to those spots!
Keep sending games if you have them!
While priority registration closed today, please reach out to me if you didn't have an opportunity to register and are still interested. Practices start the week of October 17th, so I do need to know soon!
Community Event: Children's Book Art Fair!
Saturday, Oct. 1st, 12-4pm
628 North Monroe Street
Nominate a student or staff member who you feel is showing exceptional excellence, and once a month Superintendent Dr. Adam Swinyard will select two employees (one classified, one certificated) and one student to honor!
September Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- Thursday September 29th = First Cross Country Time Trial @ Moran
- Thursday October 6th = PTG Executive Board Meeting, 8:30 am @ Moran
- Friday October 7th = Spirit gear sale begins
- Wednesday October 12th = Vision & hearing screenings for all students
- Thursday October 13th = Individual picture Day (make-ups will be offered later)
- Friday October 14th = Non-student day, staff development
Community Event: Viking Knit Bracelet Making
Saturday, Oct. 8th, 1pm
2111 West Wellesley Avenue
This event is hosted by Spokane Public Library. All materials are provided!