Live ~ Laugh ~ Love ~ Learn
Swenke Elementary School
We are excited to begin the 2021-2022 school year! We look forward to working with your child this upcoming school year. Below you will find a brief biography of each of our counselors at Swenke.
Swenke Guidance and Counseling Department
- Mrs. Stephanie R. Gable
- Dr. Scott C. Talley
Mrs. Stephanie R. Gable: School Counselor
Mrs. Gable has been an educator for 16 years. She received her undergraduate degree in Elementary Education from Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, Kansas, and her Master's degree in School Counseling from Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas. She has taught various grade levels over the years, and this is her fourth year as a school counselor.
Mrs. Gable serves grades Prekindergarten, ECSE, First Grade, Third Grade, and Fifth Grade this school year. You may contact her by email at email@example.com or by phone at (281) 213-1205, click on Option 2.
Dr. Scott C. Talley: Elementary School Counselor
Dr. Scott C. Talley has 8 years of private and public education experience. As an educator, he continues to have a passion for teaching and learning. His motivation for his work is ensuring that all students receive a high-quality educational experience despite their cultural or economic backgrounds. Dr. Talley has served as an elementary and secondary teacher, instructional technology coach, and school counselor. Dr. Talley joined the CFISD team in 2016 and has served at Copeland, Fiest, Hoover, and now Swenke Elementary.
Dr. Talley completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Houston and his graduate studies at the University of St. Thomas. He received his Bachelor of Arts in History with a minor in Education, his Masters in School Counseling, and completed his Doctorate of Education in Ethical Leadership.
While he works with all students, please note that for the 2021-22 school year, he will be the counselor to contact for Kindergarten, 2nd, 4th, and Life Skills students. We encourage parents to contact him with any questions or concerns regarding their students via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (281.213.1205) (Option 1).
A Comprehensive School Counseling Program
- Guidance Curriculum: Structured lessons designed to help students attain the desired competencies and to provide all students with the knowledge, attitudes, and skills appropriate for their developmental level.
- Individual Student Planning: Coordinated ongoing systemic activities designed to assist students in establishing personal goals and developing future plans.
- Responsive Services: Activities designed to meet the immediate needs and concerns of students. Services may include counseling in individual or small-group settings or crisis response.
- System Support: Services provided on behalf of students through interactions with others, including referrals for additional assistance, consultation, and collaboration with parents, teachers, other educators, and community organizations.
..... Swenke Elementary is No Place for Hate .....
- building inclusive and safe communities where respect is the goal, and all students can thrive.
- empowering students, faculty, administration, and families to take a stand against hate and bullying by incorporating new and existing programs under one powerful message.
- sending a clear, unified message that all students have a place to belong.
Family and Community Involvement
Watch DOGS (Dads of Great Students)
The Swenke Watch DOGS link is now open for sign up! Simply follow the steps below:
- Log in to: swenkepto.org (If you do not have an account, you must set one up to proceed.)
- Along the blue highlighted bar, hover over Volunteer, and click on Volunteer Sign-Ups.
- Scroll down the menu of opportunities to volunteer until you see the Watch DOGS sign up- click on it, and then select a date to volunteer.
If the sign up is full, reach out to Mrs. Gable to be placed on the waiting list in the case of any cancellations.
GIFTED AND TALENTED EDUCATION
In grades 1-5, testing is for services beginning in the 2022-2023 school year. For kindergarten, services will start in March, 2022. For more information about the HORIZONS program and referral process, please refer to the CFISD Gifted & Talented HORIZONS link below.
- BE SURE TO CHECK THIS PAGE PERIODICALLY FOR UPDATES -