Live ~ Laugh ~ Love ~ Learn
Swenke Elementary School
We are excited to begin the 2020-2021 school year! We would love to thank our CFISD school board for approving the two-counselor model for all of our elementary schools! To streamline the process at Swenke, your child's grade level AP has been paired with a counselor who will follow your child through his or her academic career at Swenke. We look forward to working with your child this upcoming school year. Below you will find a brief biography of each of our counselors at Swenke.
Swenke Guidance and Counseling Department
Mrs. Stephanie R. Gable & Mr. Scott C. Talley
............. Stephanie R. Gable ............. Elementary School Counselor
While I work with all students, please note that for the 2020-21 school year, I will be the counselor to contact for Kindergarten, 2nd, 4th, ECSE, and Life Skills students. I encourage parents to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding their students via email (email@example.com) or by phone (281.213.1200).
............. Scott C. Talley ............. Elementary School Counselor
Mr. Scott C. Talley will serve as the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Grade counselor at Swenke Elementary School. As an educator, he continues to have a passion for teaching and learning. His motivation for his work is ensuring that all students receive a high-quality educational experience despite their cultural or economic backgrounds. Mr. Talley has served as an elementary and secondary teacher, instructional technology coach, and school counselor. Mr. Talley joined the CFISD team in 2016 and has served at Copeland, Fiest, Hoover, and now Swenke Elementary.
Mr. Talley completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Houston and his graduate studies at the University of St. Thomas. He received his Bachelor of Arts in History with a minor in Education, his Masters in School Counseling, and is working on his Doctor of Education in Ethical Leadership.
While I work with all students, please note that for the 2020-21 school year, I will be the counselor to contact for Pre-K, 1st, 3rd, 5th, ECSE, and Life Skills students. I encourage parents to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding their students via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (281.213.1095).
A Comprehensive School Counseling Program
- Guidance Curriculum: Structured lessons designed to help students attain the desired competencies and to provide all students with the knowledge, attitudes, and skills appropriate for their developmental level.
- Individual Student Planning: Coordinated ongoing systemic activities designed to assist students in establishing personal goals and developing future plans.
- Responsive Services: Activities designed to meet the immediate needs and concerns of students. Services may include counseling in individual or small-group settings or crisis response.
- System Support: Services provided on behalf of students through interactions with others, including referrals for additional assistance, consultation, and collaboration with parents, teachers, other educators, and community organizations.
*More information regarding the counseling program can be found on the CFISD website at https://www.cfisd.net/en/parents-students/academics/guidance-counseling/
..... Swenke Elementary is No Place for Hate .....
- building inclusive and safe communities where respect is the goal, and all students can thrive.
- empowering students, faculty, administration, and families to take a stand against hate and bullying by incorporating new and existing programs under one powerful message.
- sending a clear, unified message that all students have a place to belong.
Family and Community Involvement
Watch Dogs On Hold for 2020-2021
*Currently, our Watch D.O.G.S. program is on hold for the 2020-21 school year.
We will update information as directed.
GIFTED AND TALENTED EDUCATION
- BE SURE TO CHECK THIS PAGE PERIODICALLY FOR UPDATES -