WHS Gladiator News
April 11-15, 2022
Monday, April 11th:
- Gladiator Day
Tuesday, April 12th:
- Gladiator Day
Wednesday, April 13th:
- Gladiator day - Asynchronous Learning for 9th, 10th, & 12th Graders
- 7:25-11:45--SAT for 11th Graders
- 5:30--BAAC in Library
Thursday, April 14th:
- Gladiator day - Asynchronous Learning for 9th, 11th, & 12th Graders
- 7:25-11:30--PSAT for 10th Graders
Friday, April 15th:
- Gladiator day - Asynchronous Learning for 10th, 11th & 12th Graders
- 7:25-11:15--PSAT 8/9 for 9th Graders
Saturday, April 16th:
- 10am-2pm: District Art Fair at French Elementary
- Junior/Senior Prom at Cheyenne Mountain Resort
Prom will be held on Saturday, April 16th at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort. Tickets can be purchased in the business office at lunch and after school with cash or credit card. We are looking forward to a fun evening at prom!
As part of a balanced assessment system, statewide assessments provide valuable information on student progress. It is important for us to gather data on our student’s understanding of state academic standards. We will begin conducting end of year assessments at WHS on April 13th. Below you will find important information about assessment dates and procedures. If you have any questions, please reach out to your child’s counselor.
SPRING TESTING DATES
11th Grade - SAT (7:25 am - 11:45 am)
APRIL 13th (Gladiator Day - Asynchronous learning for 9th, 10th, & 12th Grades)
10th Grade - PSAT 10 (7:25 am - 11:30 am)
APRIL 14th (Gladiator Day - Asynchronous learning for 9th, 11th, & 12th Grades)
9th Grade - PSAT 8/9 (7:25 am - 11:15 am)
APRIL 15th (Gladiator Day - Asynchronous learning for 10th, 11th, & 12th Grades)
11th Grade - CMAS Science
APRIL 19th (Gladiator Day - All students will be in the building while 11th Grade is testing)
MAY 2nd - 13th (All students will be in the building while AP students are testing)
What is Asynchronous Learning?
Teachers post a meaningful assignment/activity in Schoology and/or Google Classroom for students to access from home. Students are expected to access and complete these assignments for all of the classes for any day they do not report to the building for testing. Teachers will prepare students on how to log in and access these asynchronous activities prior to the testing week so students will know exactly what is expected of them in each of their classes. Students in the building testing are not required to do the Asynchronous / e-Learning activity. We want students to focus on doing their best on the test.
What if my student has questions about their assignments?
While teachers will not be interacting live or in online classes, they are available via email. Students can reach out via email anytime during the normal school hours and teachers will respond to questions when they are not proctoring exams.
Parents, please avoid scheduling appointments on the students' testing days as outlined above.
Buses will bring bus riders to and from school on the testing days for the specified grade level. Information on transportation will be sent out closer to the testing days.
Grab and Go Lunch will be available for testing students to pick up each day on their way out of the building.
Good News at WHS
Swim Team Performs Well at the CMHS Invitational
Our boys swimmers did a great job at the CMHS Invitationals. The 400 free relay team qualified for State! And our divers did a great job too: Sam Wright (6th Place), Laydien Dominguez (2nd Place), Mike Vasquez (8th Place), and Jacob Stone (4th Place). Great job Grizzliators!
WHS Track Team Has a Great Day at the Petrelli Hunt Invite
Our Gladiator women won the Petrelli Hunt Invite and our boys finished 2nd! What an amazing day! Congratulations to Dallen Booker who won athlete of the meet on the boys side! As a team we had lots of PR’s and top state times! We're very proud of you!!
Congratulations to our NJROTC cadets on their outstanding performance at the Rocky Mountain Nationals.
- Color Guard placed 5th out of 45 teams
- Inspection Team placed 4th out of 25 teams
- In the Individual Drill Down competition with 800 cadets: Richard McIntyre placed 8th and Cadet Molly Jackson is the New National Champion!!
Congratulations to Molly, Richard, and to all of our cadets!!
Spring Sports & Prom Pep Rally
On Friday we celebrated our spring sports athletes, our prom court, and enjoyed performances from cheer, NJROTC, and Color Guard. We also raffled off our golden ticket prizes to students who had been recognized by the teachers for demonstrating P.O.W.E.R. behavior. Thanks to Student Cabinet for planning a fun event!
An * denotes content repeated from a previous week.
*Reminders about Withdrawing Students
If it should happen that you are moving schools and need to withdraw your student from WHS, please notify us as soon as you are aware so that we can begin the process. The sooner we know, the smoother & more efficient we can make your child's transition. Thank you for your help with this!
Normal Withdrawal Process:
1. Parent/Guardian notifies attendance office or registration office that their student will be withdrawn.
2. Registration office will create the withdrawal from in IC to be filled out by the student's teacher and other offices as needed.
3. Registration office will send a pass for the student(s) and explain the withdrawal form.
4. Student(s) will get all signatures from staff clearing their withdrawal.
5. Student(s) will return the form to the registration office and we will make a copy for them to take to their next school.
6. We will drop them in the system so that teachers don't mark them absent.