Monte the Tiger's Weekly Update
News from Buena Vista Montessori ~ October 27, 2021
Hello Tiger Families!
A big THANK YOU is due to the Buena Vista PTA for hosting a fun and exciting Fall Carnival! Everyone who attended had a wonderful time!
And, thank you to all of our families for scheduling a time to meet with your child's teacher during Parent/Teacher Conferences! If you haven't scheduled, please reach out to the teacher.
Reminder, there is no school on Thursday and Friday, October 28th and 29th for Conferences.
Finally, the Picture Re-Take Day has been changed to November 10th. We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
We look forward to seeing everyone at school on Monday, November 1st! Have a great weekend!
Thursday and Friday, October 28th and 29th
- No School ~ Parent Teacher Conferences
Monday, November 1st
- Look in your email for a message from Ms. Marni about the "secret" bookfair!
Sunday, November 7th
- Time Change ~ Fall Back One Hour
Wednesday, November 10th
- Picture Re-Take Day
Thursday, November 11th
- Veterans Day Celebrated at School
Tuesday, November 16th
- PTA Meeting (Time and Place TBD)
Monday through Friday, November 22nd -26th
- No School ~ Thanksgiving Break
Beauty is a hallmark of the Montessori prepared environment because it creates a sense of harmony, order, and comfort for students and teachers. Beauty is, of course, in the eye of the beholder, and Montessori classrooms strive to deliver a calming beauty that can be enjoyed fully by the students of that classroom.
Natural lighting and oxygen-producing plants are parts of many classrooms, which speaks to the next principle of the prepared environment as well. Warm lighting, pastel colors, and soft materials are often seen in Montessori classrooms, creating a feeling of being at home, or at least, being in a comforting environment.
School Highlight - Upper El
D11 Choice Enrollment Window
D11 Choice Enrollment Window Will Open November 1, 2021, for the 22/23 School Year
It’s that time of year again when we start looking toward enrollments for the next school year! Beginning November 1, 2021, if your family has a child who will be at least 3 years old by October 1, 2022, we would love to have you fill out a Choice Open Enrollment Application for him or her! Please also let your friends, family and neighbors know that we’d love to have them enroll at Buena Vista!
It’s a simple application and there is no implied commitment until an enrollment offer is made. Go to www.d11.org, choose "Choice" in the black box, then choose "Choice Open Enrollment Application (2022-2023 School Year) English/Spanish".
Upon submission, the application will go directly to Ms. Alison, the Buena Vista Registrar. That’s all you need to do to have your child placed on our waiting list for the 22/23 school year. First enrollment offers to Primary siblings of established Buena Vista families will go out in February of 2022. Updates and more information will be sent to those who are on the waitlist.
Please email Ms. Alison Yorke, our Registrar and Attendance Secretary, if you have any questions! email@example.com
News from Your PTA
School Spirit Gear
We have plenty of kids sized Buena Vista logo face masks available for purchase in our PTA store. https://bvmontessori.new.memberhub.store/store
We also have stainless steel, 25oz water bottles that measure 3"x10" and feature a screw-on lid and double wall vacuum insulation to keep drinks at optimal temperatures. Get your water bottle for $18!
Please contact the PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase! Cash or check is preferred and they can be picked up before or after school at your convenience.
Easy Ways to Help Out the BV PTA
To enroll your Loyalty Card with BV:
- Log on to www.kingsoopers.com/communityrewards and click "Enroll Now" to sign in to your account. If you have never used your Loyalty Card online before you will have to create an account. You will need an e-mail and your Loyalty Card number or your alternate ID (often your phone#).
- Find Buena Vista Montessori School (programs are listed alphabetically) or use our Code: UQ795 as the program you want to support!
- You are DONE! THAT'S IT! Now whenever you shop you are earning BV PTA money!
- This program is a big "Free Money" maker that helps to fund many great BV and PTA events and equipment.
Sign up to support the BV PTA through AmazonSmile.
- You can select Buena Vista Montessori PTA as your charity recipient when you shop online at amazonsmile.com.
- AmazonSmile is also now available in the app on your Apple or Android devices. You can set this up in the app under "Settings">"Programs & Features".
- If you shop for girts on Amazon, this is an easy way for you to support our students and school.
- Be sure to ask your friends and family to select BV on AmazonSmile, as well.
News from the Health Room
My Child is Not Feeling Well. Now What?
The list below refers only to new symptom or a change in usual symptoms. A student should not be kept home for usual symptoms they experience due to a chronic condition unless they are worse than usual. These guidelines are in additional to your regular school guidance (for example, a student with vomiting symptoms should also not attend school based on usual school guidance).
If you student is experiencing any potentially life-threatening symptoms, please call 911.
If any of the following symptoms are present, keep the child at home / stay at home. Inform Ms. Karen B. in the office via phone call (719-328-4100) or email email@example.com.
- Feeling feverish, having chills, or temperature of 100.4F or higher.
- New or unexplained persistent cough.
- Shortness of breath.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Loss of taste or smell.
- Muscle aches.
- Sore throat.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Runny nose or congestion.
COVID Protocol Updates
- For students of any age, and staff riding D11 buses for any purpose (e.g., to and from school, activities, field trips, etc.), in alignment with the Federal mandate, face coverings on all D11 buses are required.
- For students ages 11 and under, in alignment with local and state guidance, face coverings are required while learning indoors.
- For students/staff ages 12 and over, in alignment with local and state guidance, face coverings are required for anyone who is 12+ years regardless of vaccination status.
- We will continue with our diligent handwashing and sanitzing efforts throughout the school day. Including, but not limited to; after recess, before and after lunch, before and after specials, etc.
- Our children and staff will continue to clean and sanitize the classrooms daily. Our custodial staff will clean and sanitize the building and playgrounds daily, as well.
- The current guidelines indicate a three-foot space between each person. We will do our best to honor that guideline throughout the school day. However, due to the structure of our learning community, the social distancing is not always possible.
For additional resources and information from the State and local health agencies, please visit the following links:
Updated Return to Learn
Who Needs to Quarantine
At Home Symptom Screening Tool
Addressing Symptoms as School