Early Childhood Connection
ECLC @ Calabro, HOPES, and MSELC
March 13, 2020
If you haven't yet heard the news the decision was made to close the Hoboken Public Schools for two weeks beginning on Monday, March 16, 2020. Please refer to Dr. Johnson's Special Edition #4 of the Herald on the district website for more information pertaining to the closure.
As we navigate the world of remote learning I wanted to take a moment to discuss that looks like.
- If your child was in school today, Friday, March 13th your child received a Remote Learning Packet (RLP).
- If your child was not in school today, a hard copy of the Remote Learning Packet was mailed today.
- You can also access the Remote Learning Packet by visiting the district's website. http://drive.google.com/open?id=13s1xMIEomwhYJ_9a_tS12Naao0dEAfbD
- Teachers will be checking email and Class Dojo throughout the school day hours (8:30am-3:00pm for BOE classrooms and 8:30-2:30 for HOPES and MSELC). Please be patient regarding response time.
- Teachers have also been asked to connect with families daily via Dojo, email, or phone, if needed.
- Each day, your child should be completing all 5 activities- 1 activity in math, ELA, science, social studies, and health & wellness.
- The tasks found in the RLP should take approximately 30 minutes.
We'd love to stay connected over the next two weeks, so please feel free to share pictures and/or videos with your child's teacher of your child engaging in the learning activities. Even when we're far apart we're still close through technology.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the RLP or tasks, please contact your child's teacher.
I hope you and your families stay safe and healthy over the next couple of weeks.
Lauren Eakin, Supervisor