Pleasant Valley Family Newsletter
March 19, 2021
Our mission is to empower and inspire a community of lifelong learners and leaders!
Hello Pleasant Valley Families,
What a great way to start SPRING next week with 5 days a week IN-PERSON LEARNING for both our students in the green and white cohorts!
Please remember that if COVID-19 has impacted your child by either testing positive or being a primary contact to someone who has, you must keep them home and notify our nursing staff of the next steps. It goes without saying that any students exhibiting symptoms should remain home for at least 24 hours until symptom-free. Below is a link to our Health and Safety Plan. These are community pledges that we can all live by! Our nursing staff can be reached at 440-843-1531 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call (440) 885-2380 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm as our office staff will assist if you have any questions. Thank you for your ongoing support and partnership!
Please see the section near the bottom of the newsletter for translation information.
Russian: Razdel v nizhney chasti informatsionnogo byulletenya dlya polucheniya informatsii o perevode i ssylki Google.
Spanish: Consulte la sección cerca del final del boletín para obtener información sobre la traducción y Google Link.
Ukranian: Informatsiyu pro pereklad ta posylannya na Google dyv. U nyzhniy chastyni byuletenya
Pashto: مهرباني وکړئ د ژباړې معلوماتو او ګوګل لینک لپاره د خبر پا ofې ته نږدې برخې وګورئ
Stephanie Boka, Principal
March 22nd 5 Day In Person Learning -- PV Updates
We are taking every measure possible for safety and social distancing.
Please read the newsletter carefully as there is new information for you.
Arrival @ 9:15am
- We will continue with the drop-off and pick-up locations that we have been using this year. All STEM students will be dropped off by the Garden. All TRADITIONAL kids will be dropped off at the doors on the right-hand side of the building. Signs will continue to be posted out front.
- Please have students exit the car on the sidewalk/building side. Children should NOT be exiting the car on the parking lot side as it poses a safety concern.
- Breakfast will NOT be served at Pleasant Valley (with the exception of the EDC program). All other students will be offered a Free "Take Home" breakfast option beginning on March 22nd. Students will be asked each morning if they would like a breakfast to take home at the end of the day to eat for breakfast the following morning. Breakfasts will be delivered to the classrooms right before dismissal. Please have a conversation with your child about whether or not you would like them to get the FREE "Take Home" breakfast each day. Please make sure your child eats breakfast each morning before coming to school, including March 22nd.
Dismissal @ 3:30pm
- We ask that you put your child's first and last name, as well as grade number on the paper, large enough so that our staff members can see the names at dismissal. This will help to speed up the process and ensure a smooth dismissal.
- Please send students with a water bottle as water fountains are not being used, just water bottle refilling stations.
- All students must have a mask when entering and inside the building. Students have been doing an awesome job remembering their masks and have been pretty good about wearing them all day. Please remind your child(ren) that masks need to cover both the mouth and nose at all times (unless eating/drinking).
- Click here to see our Red, White, & Blue In-Person Special Calendar
Pleasant Valley's Twitter Page
Packet Pick up for PVLA Students
If you are unable to pick up during your scheduled time - please call the office at 440-885-2380 and we can make different arrangements.
Pleasant Valley PTA News
Next PTA Meeting
We will be having our next General Membership meeting on Tuesday, April 27, 2021, at 8:00 pm via Zoom. If you are interested in joining us, please email email@example.com for the meeting link information.
Link for Geranium Sale
PCSD Health and Safety Plan
Device Repairs and Tech Help for Families
If your child's Chromebook or iPad is not working or damaged parents are responsible for getting a new Chromebook iPad. Parents will need to bring the device the Department of Information Systems (Tech Department) at PSH door #50 to exchange it. DIS is there daily from 7:00 am - 2:00 pm, no appointment is necessary. If parents have any questions they can also call the tech help desk at 440.843.3865 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.Please refer to the documents below for guidance.
Third Quarter Links
Click on the links (blue font) for the third quarter Distance or Hybrid Encore Calendars.
- Hybrid Schedule for Week of January 25-29 & February 1-5
REVISED Third Quarter Hybrid Green Cohort Encore Schedule
Third Quarter Hybrid White Cohort Encore Schedule
Third Quarter Distance Learning Encore Schedule
Translation Service Request
Russian: Если вам нужен переводчик для встречи, обратитесь к секретарю здания.
Spanish: Si necesita un intérprete para una reunión, comuníquese con la secretaria del edificio
Ukrainian: Якщо вам потрібен перекладач для зустрічі, зв’яжіться з секретарем будівлі.
Pashto: که تاسو د غونډې لپاره ترجمان ته اړتیا لرئ ، مهرباني وکړئ د ودانۍ سکرتر سره اړیکه ونیسئ.
The Parma Area Family Collaborative located at 5210 Loya Parkway Parma, Ohio- Will also have community supports during this- more information can be located on their Facebook Page
Additional Community Resources can be located by calling United Way's 2-1-1. 2-1-1 is the gateway that connects people with community resources. By simply dialing three digits, you can make one call to find or give help. No more wasted time trying to find the right resource. It’s efficient, fast, and easy to use. And the call is free and confidential.
State & County Links
United Way 211:
2-1-1 is the gateway that connects people with community resources. By simply dialing three digits, you can make one call to find or give help. No more wasted time trying to find the right resource. It’s efficient, fast, and easy to use. And the call is free and confidential.
Cuyahoga County Board of Health:
Ohio Department of Health:
Ohio Department of Education: