July 25 - Civano School News
Welcome Back Taco Night is TONIGHT!
- Gates open at 6:00 to set-up, peruse tables and mingle
- Announcements and Site Council vote at 6:15 followed by dinner.
- Tucson TGA, Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts will be handing out info
- Civano Parent Association will have t-shirts, stickers and bracelets (see below) for sale. T-Shirts are $12, stickers and bracelets $2/each.
- Civano Parent Association is selling Jim Click raffle tickets
$25 each or 5 for $100 (prizes include a Ford Explorer platinum edition, 2 first class airline tickets to anywhere in the world and $5000 cash. The entire ticket sale price goes to the Civano Parent Association!)
- Don't forget your plates, silverware, napkins, etc.
NO SCHOOL MONDAY, JULY 31ST
Tuesday, August 1st - Lower School Curriculum Night
Next Tuesday, August 1st will be our Lower School Curriculum Night. If you have a child in grades K-4, attendance at curriculum night is mandatory. What is curriculum night? Teachers speak with *parents on curriculum, routines and expectations—all of which are a great help in getting families prepared for a successful school year.
- Youngers (K): 6:00 - 6:30
- Middlers (1/2): 6:30 - 7:00
- Olders (3/4): 7:00 - 7:30
(*This is an adults only event. We do have 4 middle school and high school students that are offering donation based childcare, across the street at the Upper School that evening. Suggested donation for childcare is $3-$5/child.)
Notes this week:
CivanoArts Fundraising Campaign:
Look for the brightly colored packet in today's folder to learn more about this year's campaign to fund art and drama education at Civano! If you are a returning family, you know the vital part these programs play in the life our students. If you are new, prepare to be amazed! We encourage families old and new to help us continue to provide arts education in our little school. See your packet for details. Questions? Ask parent Stephanie Mitchell at email@example.com.
Zenith Way Art Studio:
Julie Galloway, Civano Art Specialist, is offering after school classes at her home studio Zenith Way Art Studio. The next session will be 6 weeks of clay instruction starting the week of August 7. Participants will learn how to build with clay and explore different glazing techniques. Ages 4-7 meet on Mondays, ages 9-13 meet on Wednesdays and ages 5-9 meet on Thursdays. All classes meet from 3:30-5:00. Cost of the session is $115. Contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
August Lunch Order:
Attached you will find lunch orders for August. Orders and payment due by this Friday, July 28th.
AUGUST Lunch Volunteers:
The online sign-ups for Kitchen Duty for the next month are now open (for 8/1 - 9/1). Please consider signing up to help, even if for just one shift. Many hands make light work!
Please note that there is no lunch service scheduled for half-day school days on Wed 8/16 and Wed 8/30. Thanks to all our helpers!
If you haven't already done so, please fill out the form below to let us know your photo preferences.
Wanted: STEM Boxes and Science Supplies
We are in need of a few items for our STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) Challenges and we are hoping you can help. These are commonly found items that you might have laying around the house, but when put together make really cool projects!! They don’t have to be new and only donate if you can. It would be great to offer the challenges beginning next week, so if you have these things laying around, we will certainly put them to good use!!
- empty rectangular Kleenex boxes
- unsharpened pencils
- old CDs or DVDs
- thick rubber bands
- jumbo popsicle sticks
- medium or small pom pom balls
- plastic spoons
- plastic cups
- pipe cleaners, any color and size
- mini cups (paper bathroom cups)
- Index cards
- clay that doesn’t harden
- foam balls (any size)
- paper tubes (toilet paper/paper towels)
- mosaic tiles/glass tiles
- long, rectangular tiles
- paper planter cups (like you would use for planting seeds indoors)
- wood planks (such as an old Jenga game)
Mark your calendars:
- July 31, NO SCHOOL - District Wide Inservice
- August 1, Lower School (K-4) Curriculum Night
- August 15, Upper School (5-8) Curriculum Night