Mr. John Rolader
Much of this information is found in the welcome email, but in the event that you did not receive that email here it is in another format.
Student Orientation Course
students complete all sign off
students complete all agreement quizzes
students make a 100% on the final Student Orientation Quiz.
Students may choose to opt out of the Student Orientation Course; however, students who elect to opt out of the Student Orientation Course are still responsible for all content presented in the course.
Start Date Schedule
5 Week - Start Date 6/1/15 - Course Access Date 6/1/15
6 Week - Start Date 6/8/15 - Course Access Date 6/1/15
Welcome Synchronous Session
Weekly Help Sessions
Late Work Policy
Please be aware of the pacing guide and due dates for all assignments. Extensions past the last day of school will NOT be granted.
All work for a summer school course is due the day assigned by midnight EDT. For the first weekday an assignment is late, 25% will be deducted; for the second day late, 50% will be deducted. After 2 school days, a grade of 0 will be given.
At the end of the semester, all class work must be submitted prior to the time period the final exam is available. Thus, if final exams begin Thursday of the last week of school, all other assignments except the final exam must be submitted by Wednesday of the last week of school.
Summer late work policy example: David turns in an assignment at 3:15 pm on Sunday. He scores a 7.5 out of 10 on the assignment. David will lose 2.5 points on this assignment (10 * .25) and the score recorded in the grade book is 5/10.
1) Please check to see that your parent account is linked to your student’s
2) For more information click Help on the Log in page or click the following link.http://helpdesk.gavirtuallearning.org/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/14/gavs-parent-info
If you are uncertain about whether you have a parent account or not,
1) Log in to GAVS at www.gavirtualschool.org and at the Log In page type in your username and password.
2) For more information click Help at the top of the Log In page or click the following link.http://helpdesk.gavirtuallearning.org/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/14/gavs-parent-info
Information for parents who have NEVER created a parent account.
1) Login to our website www.gavirtualschool.org
2) Click the “Log In To GAVS” icon
3) Click “Create An Account” from the navigation bar.
4) You will need to know your child’s GTID and date of birth.
5) Please follow the directions on the screen.
6) Be sure you have linked your parent account to your student’s account. 7) For more information simply click HELP at the top of the Log In page or
D2L Help Sessions
Thursday, June 4 at 11AM
Tuesday, June 9 at 7PM
Thursday, June 11 at 11AM
You will join by entering the meeting as a Guest. Your username is your first and last name. Here is the link to join each D2L Session:
The space for each session is limited. We ask everyone to join the session using only ONE computer at your home. If the session is full, the recording will be posted within the learning management system and you will have an opportunity to review the recording OR attend another upcoming meeting. The schoolwide D2L meetings are separate from individual welcome sessions held by each teacher. Please plan to attend the meeting with your teacher as well.
A little information about myself
I have a beautiful wife and two boys that make life grand.
I graduated from Georgia and I am a passionate bulldog football fan.
I love to play golf and I coach football for the high school that I teach at.