Difficulties on journey
they had to face going in Ellis Island and trying to get out of the building because of there week learning and don't now how the us is. One thing the polish didn't like was the boat ride there it was filed with people like 200 trying to get to the us. If they wanted more room they took the dead people and they threw the dead people over board. it took two or three weeks to get to America but sometimes it took months just to travel but the good thing to day it take a day to travel.
Traditions from their homeland
Reasons for leaving
Jobs they were hoping for
First years in America
Other interesting information
How to make polish doughts
- Frozen bread dough
- Set bread on the counter to rise. When ready cut into pieces.
- Boil cooking oil in a large pot on the stove.
- Drop dough carefully into oil.
- Cook until they rise to the top and are golden brown.
- Take out of oil and place in brown bag with sugar.
- Shake doughnuts with sugar.
- Place on plate and ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Polish fun facts
- Pizza in Poland does not contain tomato sauce. The waiters bring sauce to the table in a pitcher, and you pour it on top. Sometimes the sauce is just ketchup.Thats cool to know.
- Poland is the the 9th largest country in Europe. Wow
- Polish dumplings or "pierogi" are one of national dishes and one of the best recognizable Polish food outside and inside of Poland.