Friday, March 1, 2018
From Mrs. Lewis...
- Faculty Meeting Monday, March 4 - Attendance Required
- There will be a lot of subs next week due to conferences. It is vital that we all make a concerted effort to be at school and avoid absences if at all possible.
- If you have morning or afternoon duty please make sure you have someone cover your location when you are absent.
- Due Dates and Deadlines - Please know that deadlines provided by our school and/or the district are to be kept with no exceptions. Progress reports, report cards, newsletters, announcements, etc. should be disseminated as directed. In the event there is an emergency, please notify an administrator.
- Please make Mrs. Fehlman feel the love this upcoming week! It is National School Social Worker Week! Thank you, Mrs. Fehlman, for all you do!
- Safety team representatives: Please email Mrs. Tippett if anyone on your team does not have the safety materials discussed in our meeting. Thank you!
- March 6 - Co-teaching Sessions for Math and EC Teachers with Janet McClellan
- Don't forget to sign up for sports duty. Spring sports start next week.
- Save the Date: March 14 - Steam Parent Night (Be sure to let us know if you need supplies - ASAP)
- Intent letters go out March 4 and must be submitted by March 11.
- Snacks and even meals are available after school for students participating in events after school FOR FREE. If you would like a snack for your athletes, play practice students, etc., please see Mrs. Amanda Bryant in the cafeteria.
- Mark your calendar - Little Mermaid Play - March 28 6pm Please plan to attend.
- March 15th is a 2 hour delay for students. Students will arrive between 10 and 10:30. School begins at 10:30.
- Flipped classrooms. Don't forget that you can receive additional CEU credit for technology if you can show usage of the flipped classroom concept.
National Board Saturdays: Planned for anyone renewing or 1st time candidates.They will meet Mar. 16th, April 6 and May 4th from 9-noon in PD-1 @ AB Gibson Center.
Spring Sports Duty Sign up
Spring Sports are finally here. All teachers are asked to sign up for one duty station. - CLICK HERE - You must sign up by March 4, 2019 at 1 pm or a duty station will be selected for you.
- Thank you to Mrs. Tonia Johnson, Mrs. Blue and Mrs. Sharyl Gross for going the extra mile to provide instruction for our 8th grade students that have been without reading teachers. You guys rock and are definitely team players. Mrs. Blue, Mrs. Best and Mrs. Salzlein are continuing to teach for Mrs. V's classes. THANK YOU!
- A big shout out to Mr. Dunham for coordinating one of the best Black History Programs of all time. Thank you also to staff that participated and also your guidance with our students. I was inspired and can only imagine what our students took away from the program. THANK YOU!
- Thank you to Mrs. Tippett for coordinating clubs and ensuring a smooth flow to our clubs for students!
- Great job to Ms. Estella Johnson for providing assistance and support for our new teacher, Mrs. Bruce! Please ensure that you give Mrs. Bruce a hearty welcome!
- A shout out to Mrs. Williams, Mrs. T. Johnson and Mrs. T. Dial for being persistent when something just doesn't seem right with students. They have uncovered some issues with students that continue to make a difference with students.
- Thank you, Ms. A, for always keeping our lobby looking sharp! The black history display was phenomenal.
March 4 - Staff Meeting
March 4 - 8 National School Social Worker Week
March 6 - PBIS Celebration - Tech Time
March 7 - Soccer @ Cordova - 4:00pm
March 8 - TLC
March 11 - Baseball/Softball @ West Hoke -4:15pm
March 12 - Soccer @ Hamlet - 4:00pm
March 12 - Track @ Reid Ross - 4:00
March 12 - CLUBS Day
March 13 - Dental Van
March 13- Wacky Wednesday
March 14 - Soccer @ Home - 4:15pm
March 14 - Baseball/Softball @ East Hoke - 4:15pm
March 14 - TLC
March 14 - Curriculum Night
Upcoming Testing Windows:
- 3rd Quarter Benchmarks: March 20-April 2
- ELA Writing Assessments April 1-18
- 4th Common Assessment/Mock EOG April 30-May 3
- EOGs May 24-June 7