Making Something Out of Nothing
How do I make something marketable out of inexpensive household items?
What You Will Need:
- 16" diameter circle of plywood
- 5" diameter circle mirror
- 4 boxes of 48 plastic spoons
- Acrylic paint of any color & white
- Hot glue sticks & gun
- Adhesive Spray
- Some glitter ;)
First, you have to cut a 16" diameter circle out of cardboard, or plywood.
Paint the front side of the wood white or black
Then, put the 5" mirror in the middle of the circle.
Then, you have to snap your spoons in half. Once you've done that, sand the rough part down until it turns into an oval.
After that, line up some spoons in the edge of the circle about 1/4 of an inch apart. Then go through and paint them. If you want to ombre it, you have to add the color you are using to white when u start a new layer.
Once you have painted one layer, go through and glue it down to the wood with a hot glue gun.
Finally, when you have all of your spoons glued to the wood, you can spray adhesive spray on your project and put some glitter on it.
Things I would do differently
- Add more paint to the layers
- Paint the background the same color as the spoons
- Glue the spoons when they are dry