Montana Catholic Schools Weekly
January 18, 2016
Last week, I was privileged to join other superintendents at Creighton University for a symposium on Catholic education. The Educational department reached out to Catholic school superintendents in order to develop and strengthen partnerships. Creighton is certainly not the only Catholic university supporting Catholic schools but they deserve kudos for turning to superintendents to explore ways to improve our schools.
Creighton is a fascinating school and well-positioned to serve Catholic schools. For one, it’s an unusual school as a small Jesuit Midwestern school focused both on the undergraduate residential experience as well as professional schools (law, medicine, dentistry, nursing, physical therapy, etc). Over half of their students come from Catholic schools. I strongly encourage each of our 5 Catholic high schools to promote Creighton as an option for our students.
Creighton’s Education Department offers unique online programs which are cross-pollinated with their Catholic framework, ministry programs, counseling programs, interdisciplinary programs, and teaching preparation programs. They have programs specifically tailored to Catholic school leaders. Their Certificate program in Catholic leadership is a stellar program as is their two-year online programs in Educational and Teacher Leadership.
Creighton is well-positioned to offer guidance to Catholic schools in the areas of marketing and enrollment, governance, and curriculum.
· Here is the link to Creighton University.
· Here is the link to the online program in Educational Leadership
· Here is the link to the online program in Teacher Leadership
· Here is the link to the online program in School Counseling
· Here is the link to the Certificate program in Catholic School Leadership
· Here is the link to Creighton’s online daily reflections
· Here is the link to Creighton’s online Interdisciplinary Leadership Ed.D. program
· Here is the link to Creighton’s Magis Teaching Corps
Dr.Dr. Tim Uhl, Superintendent
Frosty the Crowman
Frosty the Snowman appeared at the annual St. Charles Mission Grade School Christmas concert in December
Billy the Bluejay
The defiant bird graces the walking mall at Creighton University in Omaha
The "greatest school concert in Montana" happens every December at St. Charles Mission on the Crow Reservation
Frosty the Crowman
The Week Ahead
Tues: Great Falls meetings
Wed: office (Helena) & Butte Central Catholic Advisory Council
Thurs: E3 training (Helena)
Fri: office (Helena)
This week: 430 miles
Last week: 500 driving miles/ 2660 air miles
2015-16: 14,498 driving miles/ 7,844 air miles
- All of our high schools will be undergoing a new protocol for accreditation in the next cycle. This protocol is called E3 (Ensuing Educational Excellence) and we'll be having a training on Thursday (Jan 21st) at 10 at the Montana Catholic Schools Office. If you can't join us, use this link: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/865988605
- Speaking of WCEA, this is the second call for volunteers for WCEA elementary teams. All your expenses are paid for this great professional opportunity. We have visits scheduled for Browning, Havre, Pryor, Livingston, and Hays next year. Please let me know if you'd like to sign up.
- Please send me your school information for Catholic Schools Week.
- Virtual principal meetings are right around the corner on January 26th at 9 am and 1 pm. Principals only need to "attend" one. For the 9 am meeting:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/870403813 For the 1 pm meeting:https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/595049133 The first part of the meeting will focus on the new religion standards and then we'll talk about faith formation activities.