Don't Fit In, Be You!
Advice from Stargirl!
How to Handle Your Crazy Emotions
Handling your emotions here in Mica High can be very difficult. You just don't know exactly what to do or say, so here are a couple tips:
- Find a pet that can comfort you!
- Find an enchanted place to erase yourself!
- Play an instrument!
- Find someone to talk to!
Little Things You can do for Others
Doing something for someone else is nice. Don't you want someone to send you a card or present? That's why I do things for others. Need ideas? Well, here you go:
- Make them a card every holiday.
- Take pictures of their childhood, then make a photo album to give them when they're older.
- Put a little candy on their desk each holiday.
- Send them a present that they would like very much!
- Sing happy birthday to them at lunch.
How to Stand Out
Standing out is quite a blast! Why not be different? Why not be you? I think everyone should stand out! Don't know how to stand out. Here are some ways:
- Wear clothes that "them" won't wear.
- Cheer for the other team and your team.
- Act different!
- Have an odd pet, and bring it to school!
- Be open with your feelings
How to Find Out Information About Others
If you want to send someone a card or present, you need to know where they live, when their birthday is, and find out personal hobbies or likes. Here's how:
- Read the "fillers" in the newspaper.
- Take pictures of them.
- Follow them throughout the mall.
- Talk to them.
- Look at bulletin boards.
What I do as a Cheerleader at Games
People might look at me a little sideways when I do what I do at football of basketball games, but I don't care! I think it is fun to stand out! Here's some examples of what I do:
- I cheer for the other team.
- I climb up on the goal post, holding up a touchdown sign.
- I join the marching band, playing the ukulele.
- I comfort hurt players no matter which team they're on.
- I cheer without stopping for the WHOLE game.
What not to do When you Want to Stand Out
I did all of these thing when Leo told me to be "normal," so I wouldn't to this if you want to stand out! Here are the "do nots"of standing out:
- Wear T-shirts with designer's names on the front in big bolded letters.
- Wear blue or any color jeans.
- Wear hoop earrings and toe rings.
- Wear tall sandals that go up to your knees.