- November 9th-12th: Virtual Parent Teacher Conferences for Quarter 2
- November 11th: Veteran's Day
- November 14th: Severance Turkey/Food Drive-send your non-perishable items to SHS
- November 16th-19th: FFA Online Auction: Program and Classroom Fundraiser--Click Here for the Online Catalog
- November 23rd-27th: Thanksgiving Break- No staff/No Students
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES QUARTER 2
Due to limitations with COVID regulations, Parent Teacher Conferences this year will be done virtually. By using the link below for each teacher please sign up for a 10 minute conference as needed.
Sign ups are done on a first come first serve basis. Once you have a reserved a spot, you will be provided a link to a google meet in which the conferences will be conducted.
If the teachers sign up sheet is full, please reach out to them through email for additional options. Each staff member has a total of up to 4 hours of conference times after school Monday through Thursday the week of November 9th
- November 6th: 7:00 PM HOME Football Game vs Eaton
Live Stream the 11/06 HOME Football Game:
For those that are unable to attend in person, we will be live streaming the game. There is a nominal fee for the service. You can access the live stream here.
- VOLLEYBALL TEAM STORE: Here is the link to the online store: https://shsvb2021.itemorder.com. Volleyball stickers are on sale for $4.00!
- Due to postponed and recently added athletic events, please refer to the Calendar at severanceathletics.com for up to date sports schedules. Sign up for Alerts for individual sports to receive updated information including cancellations and postponements.
If you have athletic questions contact:
Casey Yahn, SHS Athletic Secretary
WANTED: Pictures for the Yearbook
The Gallantry Yearbook staff is here to share some exciting news with you regarding the 2021 yearbook. Guess what? You’re officially on the yearbook staff! Yes, you read that right! This year, more than ever, we ask that you join us in helping to create the book.
What are some ways you could help us achieve this task? Below are some ideas, but there are many other ways you can contribute:
What did you do during quarantine? Did you pick up any new skills?
Hanging out with friends or family during fall? Corn Mazes or pumpkin carving?
Is your style unique? Send us pictures of what you wear!
Have pictures from summer vacation? We want to see them!
Do you have a pet that is the most adorable thing? Let us see them!
Is your dancing out of this world? Send us a picture of your best moves!
What’s your pre-game routine during your sport(s) season?
Have you been making money? What job, chores, or apps (venmo, cash app, etc) have made you money?
Spending more time with your family in quarantine? Send us pictures of your favorite things you did with them!
Show us your go-to mask during Covid-19!
Know anyone with the same name as you? Let us know and we will get a picture of you together.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with! We are looking for HIGH QUALITY, non-blurry candid photos. While we love to see your beautiful, posed faces, we much prefer pictures of you doing these things, rather than you looking and smiling directly at the camera.
This yearbook is unique in that it will be created by the whole school. Thank you in advance for being a part of this historic year. Don’t forget to reserve your copy at www.jostensyearbooks.com!
The Gallantry Yearbook Staff
Severance High School
Follow: Instagram - severanceybk
Weld RE-4...Free Meals Thanksgiving Week
- All students can receive free meals over Thanksgiving break.
- Families can pick up 5 days worth of meals (breakfast and lunch) to enjoy over the Thanksgiving break.
- Meals will be available for distribution on Nov. 23rd at WHS (Northwest side) from 9am-11am.
- To receive the meals, just show up at the location and tell us how many children you have between the ages of 0-18. **No need to pack up the kids to receive meals!
Deadline has been extended to Friday, November 6. Josh is now in 2nd place....help him keep this position!
DECA has been supporting MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association) for over 30 years. DECA and MDA created a month long education program on how to run a non-profit campaign that included a fundraising campaign for MDA. The SHS DECA group is participating in this program. Our own Josh Barnard is in the running for being one of the top fundraisers in the nation during this campaign. Congratulations to Josh for a job well done. If you would like to help Josh with his campaign to help keep him in the top 3, you can contribute through Friday (11/6) at the following link.
Follow: Twitter - @SHSDECA5
THE FALL OF THE BERLIN WALL
On November 9, 1989 East Germany’s Communist Party announced that starting at midnight, citizens of the German Democratic Republic (East Germany) could cross the country’s borders. More than two million people from East Berlin visited West Berlin over the course of that weekend. Both Westerners and Easterners celebrated with beer and champagne throwing a huge impromptu street party. People nicknamed “Mauerspecte (Wall Woodpeckers)” took hammers and chisels to the Wall knocking away chunks beginning its eventual destruction. The flood gates were opened never to be closed again. This was the beginning of the end of the division of Germany and the death throes of Communism in the East. I visited Berlin in July of 1989 and did not expect to witness the impossible only a few months later. It was monumental event in history and one of several I got to experience. If you would like more detailed information about the fall of the Berlin Wall, visit the website listed as a source. Bis nächste Woche!
1200 Hidden Valley Pkwy, Severance, CO 80550
School Hours: 8:40 am - 3:50 pm
Office Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
ATTENDANCE: 970-833-7105 (Blue Pass)
Severance High School Website
Severance High School Athletics Website
Facebook - Severance High School
NEW: Instagram - uknightedshs
Twitter - @UKnightedSHS