End of the Year / Summer Updates
Friday, June 1
- 2:00 p.m. EOY Luncheon at Pappadeoux
Monday, June 4
- Grades due at the end of the day
Tuesday, June 5
- Teacher work day
- 4:30 p.m. Happy Summer Break!!!!
- 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Summer Connection Fair - Open gym, open arts and crafts, games. An opportunity to continue to build community partnerships and continue to convince parents to remain with the district.
June 7 - June 8
- AVID Pathway training - This is a training for everyone who has not been trained by AVID certified trainers. You can get paid for one day and get credit for 7 hours toward your required 21 hours.
June 8 - June 10
- DeLoitte University - Courageous Principal Training - Ms. Davis
June 11 - June 21
- Summer Readiness Summer School
June 11 - June 27
- SSI Summer School
June 11 - June 28
- 8:30 - 3:00 Science Discovery Camp
June 19 - June 22
- Responsive Classroom Training - Team of 8 staff members. The Responsive Classroom Course for Middle School Educators is designed to empower educators to create a middle school experience that’s responsive to the developmental strengths and needs of young adolescents, while helping students develop the academic, social, and emotional skills they need to be successful in and out of school.
July 16 - July 26
- 2018 Early Start Program - 6th grade camp: The anticipated outcome of this program is to build the self-confidence, academic knowledge, and motivation of tier 2 and 3 students. This will be accomplished through the use of innovative learning experiences centered on 1st six weeks topics in balanced literacy and mathematics. Exciting and engaging enrichment activities will be incorporated into the program. 7 teacher allotments per campus at $31/hour (5 ½ hours per day, 8/12 days) and 1 security monitor - secondary only at $15/hour (7 ½ hours per day, 8/12 days). If you are interested, please let me know.
- 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. 6th Grade Transition Camp: Team building activities, introduction to MS, explore the building, and Social Emotional Learning among others.
Teaching & Learning Professional Development Video Link
The video below provides a preview of our Summer Institute and specifies the PD requirements for 2018-2019 school year
Contract Dissemination 2018-2019
Contracts for eligible employees will be disseminated electronically via Oracle Employee Self Service in early May. An email notification from email@example.com will be sent out to inform employees that their 2018-2019 contract is available for acknowledgement. All employees will have two weeks to provide an electronic signature; according to section 21 of the Dallas ISD Educator Contracts, an offer of employment shall expire if the contract is not signed by the deadline.
According to Texas Education Code (TEC), contract-eligible educators are provided a penalty-free resignation deadline which is 45 days before the first day of instruction of the coming school year. The resignation deadline for this year is July 6, 2018. Any employee that has an expiring certification or license with an expiration date range of May 1, 2018 to August 31, 2018 will receive a contract hold and will not be eligible to acknowledge their contract until their certification is renewed. To renew their certification, they must access their TEA TEAL account and follow the renewal process. Any employee who is found to have abandoned a contract without good cause is in violation of the Texas Education Code and could face suspension/sanction of their teaching credential by the State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC). For more information, please consult Section 21.160, Section 21.210, and Section 21.105 in the Texas Education Code and 19 TAC 249.15(b)(5).
Last Day for Chapter 21 to Resign Penalty Free
Educators have a penalty-free resignation deadline that falls the 45th day before the 1st day of instruction of the coming school year. For the 2018-2019 school year, that resignation deadline is July 6, 2018. Resignations are generally accepted via the electronic submission process (S-54), using the Oracle log-in, and must be submitted by 11:59 pm, July 6, 2018. The resignation deadline will be enforced; resignations received after the July 6, 2018 deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis, depending upon the date of submission and the circumstances, and whether the campus has sufficient time to secure a suitable replacement.
For additional Information about how to submit a Notice of Separation, please visit the Retirements & Resignations page at http://dallasisd.org/Page/28102.
WE WISH YOU A HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Happy Belated Birthday!!!
Mr. Patel - May 7
Ms. Wells - May 11
Ms. Vargas- May 22
Ms. Rendon - May 24
The following staff members will have birthdays during the summer months. We hope you enjoy your special day.
3- Ms. Turnbull and Ms. Trent
6- Ms. McGee
14- Ms. Miranda
16- Mrs. Brown
17- Ms. Lewis
24 - Ms. Mitchell
25 - Ms. Addison and Ms. Maloy
29- Mrs. Buchannon
4- Ms. Gogia
5- Ms. Michael
13- Ms. Stripling
4- Ms. Cooray
13- Mrs. Tucker
24- Mrs. Shelby
27 - Ms. Zuniga