Sunset Valley Elementary 11/2/18
- In light of the national bus and bus stop tragedies this week, it is a good time to pause and remind the kids of bus stop safety. We talk with the lil' Jaguars about not playing in the street waiting for the bus; not "bus stop hopping" and going to another bus stop in the morning; and also making sure to get off at their correct bus stop every day after school. We talk about the bus as just another "classroom" for the kids. Same rules apply on the bus as they do in the classroom. It is critically important they behave so as not to distract the bus driver. A statistic I have been reading the past couple days is that over 80,000 traffic violations occur each day in the United States by car drivers trying to get around a bus when the bus is at a complete stop. It definitely takes all of us to keep our kids safe. If we do one thing right on a daily basis, it's to keep our kids safe.
- If you are able to volunteer to help with the book fair, please sign up here.
- Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox for winning the World Series. 2019 World Series Champion Prediction: Kansas City Royals!!
- PTA is in need of your gently used books for our Bingo for Books event. Please help us in making Bingo for Books a great success again this year. We are looking for books (used or new) that are age appropriate for children K-6 and in good condition. Please drop off in the SVE office no later than Friday, November 9th.
- If you are interested in supporting SVE families this holiday season, please contact our great school counselor, Mrs. Mahurin. Another great resource that helps LS families is Coldwater.
- Thank you to Mrs. Wadel, staff and families for a fantastic HAUNTING OF THE HALLS, this week! Wow! Lots of ghosts, goblins, Lego pieces, candy and fun were had by all!
ADA Approved Picnic Tables for students and staff!
Water Bottle Filler Upper #2!
Flat Screen TV in Cafeteria!
This will be used for school announcements, Channel 18 News, Birthday Recognition, and much more!