Small Changes Cause Extreme Weather
El Niño:A warm ocean current that flows off the west coast of South America every few years. An El Niño event changes weather patterns around the world. It may also cause extreme weather in some regions.
- Warm on west coast of south Africa.
- Does not show up every year.
- Usually comes during the christmas season.
- El niño means christ child.
- Changed temperature in the oceans.
- Shows a wide range of heat differences.
- Goes across a lot of water.
- A lot of heat near Europe
El niño is the currents that sometimes come around Christmas time and bring warm weather on the west coast of Africa and coldness on the other side. Rainfall also increases where it becomes colder and the pacific becomes hotter and dryer.