Ms. Then's Newsletter
Second Payment for Washington DC now due- $100.00 (online payment available)
Read aloud with Ms. Abby
You have a very smart group of students and their comprehension skill is very high .
Feel free to invite me to help you as needed .
Have a great week.
Currently working on...
In reading we have completed MAP and mClass middle of year assessments.
In Math we have completed a practice EOG and MAP middle of year assessments.
In Science we are wrapping up out unit on the skeletal system and are moving on to our muscular system. Students are building a life-size model to help demonstrate and identify the human body systems.
Unfinished math work will be sent home to be completed. Students are required complete the assignment for homework and have a parent signature. Assignments are due the next day.
Thursday- Homework Packets are sent home.
Students should read at least 30 minutes and complete part of the math packet. Review science vocabulary and create flash cards for the following words: No vocabulary this week!!
Friday-Students should read at least 30 minutes and complete part of the math packet.
Saturday & Sunday
Students should continue to read nightly in order to build habits of a lifelong reader. Consider some of these activities to support what your student is learning in class.
- Math Talk- Use real life math problems to discuss math with your student.
- Buying meat from the deli. (How many ounces in a pound, in a pound and a half?)
- Science Vocabulary- Review flashcards with your child.
- Washington DC Exhibits - Follow this link to explore exhibits we will be visiting in Washington DC http://www.mnh.si.edu/exhibits/elephant/
Monday- Students should read at least 30 minutes and complete part of the math packet.
Tuesday- Students should read at least 30 minutes and complete part of the math packet.
Wednesday -Students should read at least 30 minutes and complete part of the math packet. Please sign your child's agenda to show they have been reading for at least 30 minutes each evening.
- Thursday homework packet and flash cards are due. (No Flash cards this week!)
- Guidelines suggest limiting nightly homework to 50 minutes for fifth graders.
- As students complete reading a book they will then write book reviews into their reading journal during class.
- Follow the links below for help with math homework. (The lesson number on the homework page will direct you to which video to watch)
Washington DC Next Payment and behavior contract
Transition to Asheville Middle School
On February 10th your student will meet with Jesse Pit and Mark Ackerman to review Exploratory Registration for 6th grade. A registration sheet will be sent home to be reviewed and signed with a parent.
Our new middle school is almost ready! see photos... http://claxtonparents.com/2016/01/14/asheville-middle-school-construction-update/