NEWS & VIEWS
~~~~~~MAPLE GROVE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL~~~~~
~~~~~MAPLE GROVE VISION/MISSION STATEMENT~~~~~
Mission: We develop knowledgeable confident and responsible citizens through inspirational and innovative opportunities.
* * * * * * * * "Be The Light, Shine Like A Star" * * * * * * * *
* Congratulations to the MGES 2023 Math Bowl Champions! *
Maple Grove Parents:
The week of May 1-5 is Teacher Appreciation Week. Our theme this year is Take Me Out to the Ballgame. On Friday, May 5th, we will be having a lunch cook-out for the wonderful Maple Grove Staff.
The PTO will be providing the hamburger and hot dogs, but we will need your help with the sides, condiments, buns, etc.
All items need to be dropped off no later than 9:30 am on Friday, May 5th, and non-perishable may be dropped anytime. Crock pots MUST be labeled with your name and lined with a disposable liner. Crock pots need to be picked up by 3:45 on Friday, May 5th.
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up.
Thank you so much for your continued help and support!!
- KG Innovation Ctr. Trip, Rms. 3 & 5, 11:45A-2:15p
- Early Dismissal Day 3:00p, Bible Club 8:00A-8:45A
- KG Screenings Opportunity #2
- 2nd Grade Famous Americans Day (classroom time sent home via teacher newsletter)
- 1st Gr. Family Day, 1:30p-2:30p
- Parent Input Forms due today, no late turn ins will be accepted after this date.
**CHECK OUT THE COMMUNITY RESOURCES OUTSIDE MGES AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS NEWSLETTER!!
Congratulations to Radha Dharmapurikar, 5th Grade Student at MG in Mr. Farmer's Class. Radha presented her Science Fair project at the state level competition and won 2 awards.
First place in the Junior Division for Excellence in Physics
Society of Women Engineers award for Young Engineering mindset in Science and Mathematics.
PARENT INPUT FORM FOR 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR.
This optional form gives you an opportunity to share information about your child and his/her needs which the school will take into consideration [along with the factors listed on the form] to place the child in the best possible learning environment for the upcoming school year. Specific teacher requests will not be honored. If your child is in the Extended Learning program (EL), there is only one section per grade level available so requests are not necessary.
Please click on the link below and fill out to the best of your abilities. THIS FORM MUST BE RETURNED BY APRIL 28TH, 2022 - NO LATE TURN INS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
CGCSC Transfer Application Window
Inter-District Transfer Application (out-of-district transfers)
Application dates: Sunday, April 23 at 6:00 PM through Monday, May 8 at 11:59 PM
Students who do not reside within Center Grove's boundaries may submit an inter-district transfer application to request to attend a Center Grove school.
The link for the application is found on the Center Grove district home page during the time periods listed above.
Guidelines for all transfer applications:
- Applications must be submitted online before the deadline, in order to receive highest priority for consideration
- Applications are only for one school year, must be filled out for each child, and must be re-submitted each year
- ALL applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- It is possible that NOT all applications will be approved due to several considerations, including building capacity and class size
- All applications will be date/time stamped upon submission and will be processed in the order in which they are received
- By submitting an application, parents agree to provide their own transportation to and from school for the duration of the school year
INCOMING 6TH GRADE MIDDLE SCHOOL INFO. NIGHT
It's that time of year again! We are once again offering the easy option of SchoolKidz Supply Kits.
What are SchoolKidz Supply Kits?!
Only the best time-saving option ever! Don't go store to store this summer looking for school supplies! Have them delivered to the school for you! These kits have all the supplies you will need in the exact colors, quantities and brands your teachers have approved for class.
Who could use a kit?
All students going into 1st-5th grades in the 2023-24 school year need school supplies.
PLEASE NOTE: These kits are NOT for incoming Kindergarten students or students in our 3rd-5th Grade EL Classrooms.
When is the sale?
Sale starts Friday, April 14 and closes May 12 at 11:59 PM. No late orders are accepted.
How do I order?
All ordering is done online!
Order online at www.shopttkits.com
Enter our code: 53135
When do I get my kit?
The kits are delivered to the school late in the summer and will be waiting in your child's classroom at Back-to-School Night!
What if I move or no longer need my kit?
Your kit will be delivered late in the summer. Simply contact Jessica George for options.
Please note: ALL SALES ARE FINAL. SCHOOLKIDZ DOES NOT ACCEPT CANCELLATIONS OR OFFER REFUNDS.
If you have any questions please e-mail Jessica George, in the MGES Office, at email@example.com
**************LOST AND FOUND ITEMS**************
If your child is coming in late due to an appointment, you can put them in "Early Dismissal/appointments at 9:00am and in the notes put "coming in late due to appt."
*Please do NOT click on the "sign your student out" box. The student is not checked out.
PARENTS PLEASE READ:
Reminder: If you DO NOT have a car tag #, you cannot choose to make your student a car rider in Pick Up Patrol. You must have a Car Tag # to get in the Car Line. The car tag needs to be in your car every day. If you do not have your car tag, you will need to have your ID ready.
Please be sure that all cars participating in carline are using all three lanes. By using all three lanes we prevent Whiteland Road from backing up. We appreciate your cooperation and help!
WANT TO BECOME A MGES VOLUNTEER? SEE INFORMATION BELOW
Want to volunteer in your child's classroom, go on the field trip or participate in class parties/events? Background checks are required to volunteer at MGES. Click HERE to get to the district background check page on the website.
Need to check to see if your background check is still good? Call our district office at 317-881-9326 and speak with Krista Mennel, ESC receptionist.
*Please note: background checks are for classroom volunteers; visitors are still not permitted in the building during the school day. Volunteers need to check in at the window in the foyer with your driver's license/identification card in order to receive a badge and enter the school building.
Water Bottles and Snacks
REMINDER FOR PICKING UP YOUR STUDENT EARLY OR FOR AN APPOINTMENT DURING THE DAY
Enter appointment information into Pick Up Patrol under "Early Release". (Even if you will be bringing them back to school from an appointment), you must enter the information into Pick Up Patrol. (This does NOT go into "Plan Changes". Plan changes are for how your child is going home if there is a change.)
After entering the pick up information, you will be asked for the time, reason, and the FULL NAME of the person picking up your child. You can add any other information you feel is necessary, including what they will do at dismissal.
***Please DO NOT click on the "Parent sign out" when entering your child for early dismissals.
Pick Up Patrol Cut Off Times
Cut-off times for PUP
M, T, Th, F - 3:00pm
Wed. - 2:15pm
Pick-up time reminder
In order to avoid traffic and congestion at dismissal, early pick ups also have a cut-off time.
M, Tu, Th, F - 3:30pm
W - 2:45pm
SECURITY AT MGES
- Exterior doors remain locked throughout the school day. Please ring the doorbell if you need assistance.
- The vestibule (entryway) is secured. Visitors/Parents will not be permitted in the building beyond the vestibule. If you are dropping off a child or picking up a child from the clinic, you will check in with Mrs. Schneider and your child will meet you in the vestibule. If you are picking up your child/children for an early dismissal, PUP must be updated with the students early dismissal plans in order for us to allow a parent into the building.
- If you need to drop off/pick up items from school, there is a pass-through door located next to Mrs. Schneider. Make sure your child's name/room # or teacher name is on the item(s).
- Be sure to have your ID on you at all times when entering the building. We will still be checking ID's before any student can be checked out of the building.
- All students being picked up at the end of the school day will be a part of our car rider line.
COMMUNITY RESOURCES OUTSIDE OF MG ELEMENTARY
New Daycare Enrollment Information for Primrose School for Before and After School Care:
Honey Grove at MG and other CG schools--- 317-887-5500
CG Kindercare on St. Rd. 135--- 317-882-7775
Mt. Auburn at United Methodist Church--- 317-535-8555
Adventures Day Care--- 317-888-9200
Happening in the Community:
Parents, check out this list of free and low-cost events happening in our community this month!
No WIFI? No problem!
Call any of the following branches directly to rent WIFI hotspot and Chromebook. Only requirement is, you must have a library card.
Clark Pleasant Branch
350 Clearwater Blvd.
Whiteland, IN 46184
Phone: (317) 535-6206
401 State Street
Franklin, IN 46131
Phone: (317) 738-2833
424 S. Tower Street
Trafalgar, IN 46181
Phone: (317) 878-9560
White River Branch
1664 Library Blvd.
Greenwood, IN 46142
Phone: (317) 885-1330
Adult Learning Center
350 Clearwater Blvd.
Whiteland, IN 46184
Phone: (317) 738-4677