Class of 2020
News & Information for Mounds View High School Seniors
GRADUATION PHOTO OPPORTUNITY
In addition to our virtual commencement, we are excited to offer the Mounds View Class of 2020 an opportunity to have a full-length professional photo taken while wearing their cap and gown on Monday (6/1). This optional photo opportunity will be offered at no cost and each graduate will receive a high-resolution digital image to print or share with family and friends.
Photos will be taken on campus using a drive-through format to ensure that no large groups are gathering at once.
- 1:00-2:00 PM: last names A-Ga
- 2:00-3:00 PM: last names Gb-Mil
- 3:00-4:00 PM: last names Mim-Tal
- 4:00-5:00 PM: A-Z (includes anyone who could not come at their specified time)
We will be taking the pictures in the East Parking Lot. As you enter through the bus lot, you will be directed to the photo location (see visual below). The location may be moved to the circle drive, if weather becomes an issue.
The safety of our school community is our top priority. While these photos are completely optional, know that we are taking every precaution possible to keep you and your graduate safe.
- The drive-through format will minimize contact with others.
- The graduate is the only person allowed out of the car. Graduates should arrive in cars with people who live in their household only (no ride-sharing). Once the car pulls up to the designated area, the student will get out of the car, have their photo taken and then get back into the car and drive off-campus. Photos may be taken from inside the car, but no one will be allowed to get out of the car to take photos, nor will photos be allowed at any other location on campus.
- Specific times have been assigned in order to avoid large groups.
- The photographer will remain six feet away from the graduate, and will be wearing a mask. Masks are not required for graduates or those who are waiting in the car.
The online virtual commencement will start at 7:00 PM on Monday (6/1). This ceremony will recreate many elements of our typical graduation ceremony, including visual and audio recognition of each individual graduate. We invite anyone interested to a live-streamed virtual watch party and invite families to watch the event simultaneously. The link to view the ceremony can be found here: https://www.moundsviewschools.org/moundsviewgraduation
We encourage students to wear their cap and gown as they watch the ceremony. Share photos of your graduate using the hashtag #MVMustangs2020 on social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.