EECV Family Newsletter
March 2023 - News and Information for our Families
Message from the Principal
Dear EECV Families,
Love and friendship was in the air in February and we had an amazing month with our Family Night, Lorain County Metroparks Sensory Circle Presentations, and Spring Pictures. In March we will continue with our preschool curriculum where our students will learn about the 5 senses and how to keep their minds and bodies strong, healthy, and safe. We also have a few days off of school for conferences, staff professional development, and records. Please note these in the upcoming events section of this newsletter. Finally, we are wrapping up our Suzin L Fundraiser in March (forms and money due March 9th). This fundraiser allows us to provide our students with a school spirit t-shirt, have special events like Outback Ray's Amazing Animal Show, and hold family nights like the one we had in February. We appreciate your support!
Also, please remember to work with our office on your plans for preschool/kindergarten for next year. Re-registration is required for preschool. Contact Mrs. Bruening at 440-284-8250 if you have any questions.
Thank you, as always, for your continued support and go Pioneers!
Jackie Plantner, Principal
Myia Bruening, Secretary - firstname.lastname@example.org
Gissele Lugo, Secretary - email@example.com
Jennifer Packman, School Nurse - firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the dates there is NO SCHOOL this month in the Upcoming Events sections of this newsletter!
Information is just a text away!
Have you opted in to receive text messages from Elyria Schools?
If you haven't already, please take a moment to sign up to receive automatic text messages from Elyria Schools.
This is a valuable tool in an emergency or when there's important, time-sensitive information to share.
The service is free and opting in is easy. Parents or guardians simply need to send a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our district's short code number at 67587.
Just as simple, you can opt out at any time by replying to one of our messages with “Stop.”
The text feature and the robocall system are tied directly a student's contact information that is on file with your child's school. Please make sure this information is kept up-to-date to ensure you continue receiving calls or texts from Elyria Schools.
Just a reminder there is NO PARKING for car rider drop off and pick up in the Griswold Rd. lot. Only the Adelbert St. lot should be used for car riders. Thank you!
Returning Student Preschool Registration for the 2023-2024 School Year
Students planning to remain in Preschool at EECV must re-register for next school year. Spaces will fill up quickly so once you receive the information, please do not delay. You may also receive a call from school secretary, Mrs. Bruening, if we have any questions about the program placement for your child. Feel free to call the office at any time to discuss your 23-24 school year plans for your preschooler.
If your student is transitioning from Preschool to Kindergarten you will receive information regarding this transition and any steps you may need to take.
Students transitioning from Preschool to Kindergarten DO NOT need to complete new kindergarten registration. If your child is enrolled in Preschool at EECV, they are an enrolled student and do not need to complete Kindergarten registration. If you have any questions on this please call the office and speak to Mrs. Bruening.
Registration for NEW students (not currently enrolled at EECV) will begin in March. We look forward to continuing to serve your child next school year!
Suzin L Fundraiser
Pre-order Spring Candy from Elyria’s own Suzin L Chocolatier through the Elyria Early Childhood Village!
We earn 30% of total sales to be used for special programs and activities for our students.
Suzin L is a family owned and operated business in Elyria! See below for important details.
- Selling dates are from TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21st through THURSDAY, MARCH 9th. March 9th is a firm date and no late orders can be accepted.
- Please make out one check or money order for the TOTAL amount your family has sold. (Your sponsors should pay YOU. Then you pay us 🙂.) Checks or money orders should be made payable to Elyria City Schools
- All order forms with payment are due no later than THURSDAY, MARCH 9th
- Pick up date will be MONDAY, APRIL 3rd at EECV
- Pick up time will be 3:30pm-6pm at the Main Entrance
- Small orders not picked up will be sent home with your child on Tuesday, April 4th. EECV is NOT responsible for damaged items.
Thank you for your support!
Reminder - Treat and Celebrations Policy
All treats and celebration items should be pre-approved by the classroom teacher. We encourage non-food items such as stickers, small containers of play-doh, temporary tattoos, crayons/coloring books, glow sticks, or small sealed bottles of bubbles. If you choose to send in a food item, only individually packaged food treats that can easily be sent home with students will be accepted. Food treats will not be eaten at school but will be sent home with classmates. Also please note, that no balloons and/or large decorations will be allowed in the building.
- Thursday, March 2nd - Storytime with Elyria Public Library
- Thursday, March 2nd - Evening Parent Teacher Conferences
- Friday, March 3rd - NO SCHOOL for EECV due to conferences
- Friday, March 3rd - Daytime Parent Teacher Conferences
- Thursday, March 9th - Storytime with Elyria Public Library
- Thursday March 9th - Suzin L Fundraiser Orders Due
- Friday, March 10th - NO SCHOOL for all Elyria Schools Students
- Monday, March13th - Bookmobile for Classrooms
- Monday, March 20th - NO SCHOOL for all Elyria Schools Students
- Monday, February 27th - Bookmobile for Classrooms
- Monday, April 3rd - Suzin L Fundraiser Pick Up 3:30-6:00 PM at EECV
Elyria Early Childhood Village
Elyria Early Childhood Village