Arabic 1 Happenings September 12-16
Module 1 Lesson 2 Starts TODAY, Monday (9/12)
I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and that you are ready to start to read & write in Arabic. Coaching sessions are in full swing this week. Make sure to log on to your coach's room few minutes early to be ready. Email me or text me ASAP if you don't see your name on the coaching schedule located on the "Home" screen under "Language Coaching Schedule".
LESSON 2: Jiim, Haa, Khaa, Daal, Thaal, Raa, Zaay ــْ / ــّ Sukun, Shadda الدرس الثاني
CLICK on our class avatar to hear what I have to share with you about lesson 2 introduction & learning Goals
In this lesson you will learn:
- How to voice out and write seven letters of the Arabic alphabet: Jiim = ج, Haa= ح, Khaa= خ, Daal= د, Thaal= ذ , Raa= ر, Zaay=ز
- How to voice out and write “Sukun” and “Shadda”
- How to differentiate between social and non-social letters
- How to count the Arabic numbers from 0 to 10.
- The different positions & forms of the letter in the word.
- Greeting/ farewell and how to state your name and where you are from.
- The formal / informal greetings & gesture in the Arabic Culture.
Shukran for Don T and Jennifer R for calling and asking amazing questions to clarify how, when and where things are located in the course. I enjoyed speaking with you ya Shabab!
Click to learn how to read & write the letters and new vocabulary words in this lesson. You NEED to watch this video before you do any assignments in this lesson.
Lesson 2 Assignments are DUE no later than Sunday (9/18) by 11:59pm
● ____ Lesson 2 Content (video, culture, vocab, grammar) - Due day 1 of this week. Note: (there’s no submission for this assignment. Will give you checkmark when you complete all the pages in this link.
● _____ Lesson 2 Culture Corner: Greeting Custom Assignment Discussion – Due day 2
● ____ Lesson 2 Coaching Session Assignment (Attend & participate in 2 coaching sessions)
● ____ Lesson 2 Reading Comprehension Assignment – Due day 3 of this week
● ____ Lesson 2 Listening & Writing Assignment – Due day 4 of this week
● ____ End of Lesson 2 Quizzes (Writing & Speaking) – Due at the end of this week
- Contact your teacher (Ostatha Easton) at least once this week either by text, Chat or phone to give me an update on your progress.
How to Comnplete your Weekly Writing Assignments
First Step- Print it Out!
Save the document to your computer, then print out the assignment!
Second Step: Write it by Hand
I suggest using a pencil to practice writing your new letters and completing the assignment. Pen is OK, too.
Third Step: Scan it or photograph it.
If you don't have a scanner, you can take a photo of your writing assignment.
If you take a photo, PLEASE MAKE SURE IT IS CLEAR SO I CAN READ IT!
Lastly, submit by clicking on the top of the assignment page in BB as an attachment.
Second Step: Write it by Hand
Technical issue? Error message? Can't download or see media from the course, NCVPS tech experts in the the Virtual Support Center can help you. Click the link above to submit a ticket.
**You should print out a copy of this document and use as a check-off list to ensure that you complete everything, thoroughly, and on time. This is only a schedule of the assignments that you are to complete.
When Checking Your Grades...
...please go to the "Grades" link in the course on the "Navigation Bar"
*To view feedback as well as rubrics used to grade your assignments please go to this link to learn how to do so: https://guides.instructure.com/m/4212/l/67891-how-do-i-view-rubric-results-for-my-assignment