MAY 13, 2019
“Achieving in the Middle” is our initiative aimed to improve academic achievement in 24 Dallas ISD Middle Schools by creating, refining, and supporting best-in-class systems for leading and learning.
***Principal Action Items***
- Complete AIM Instructional Leader Survey linked here by May 29th. You can also use this address to access the survey: tiny.cc/AIMsurvey (case sensitive).
- Forward AIM Instructional Leader Survey link to APs, CICs, Counselors, and ILTs to complete by May 29th.
- Hire ILTs by May 29th and inform them of June 4-6 PD.
- Read Bain & Company Distributed Leadership Article linked here.
2019-2020 AIM CAMPUSES
O.W. HOLMES MS
PINKSTON (GRADES 7-8)
YMLA @ FLORENCE
ZAN HOLMES MS
Weekly Learning: Distributed Leadership
"The opportunity is clear: We need to commit to models of 'distributed leadership' in our schools that establish a cadre of talented educators in each building who have end-to-end responsibility for the development of the teachers on their teams."
Read more of this article from Bain & Company here.
Principals/APs/CICs/ILTs: Please read this article prior to your AIM Professional Development days in June. Thank you!
KEY COMPONENTS OF AIM
Master Schedules built with defined instructional blocks
Effective Lesson Design through PLC; aligned and differentiated with data, rigor and student interest
Engaging Lesson Delivery through exploration, expression, and cultural competence as well as Small group instruction, Differentiation, and Blended Learning with writing in all contents
QUOTE OF THE WEEK.
“If you’re trying to be more productive, don’t analyze how you spend your time. Pay attention to what consumes your attention… [Focus] on getting things done for the right reasons, in the right places, and at the right moments… Prioritize the people and projects that matter...”
- Adam Grant, Wharton SchooL