Digital Journey 7 - Ms Smith
What is this class about?
Just because students may know how to surf the web, play games, and use Social Media doesn't mean they know how to use technology to enhance their learning. In Digital Journey 7, we will continue to explore the many ways to use technology and their own devices to enhance learning in the classroom. We will also further our skills by designing our own video game and hold our own "Hillside Shark Tank" where each student is a CEO and pitches their company to investors!
- Entering the classroom: Students will enter in a respectful manner: quiet, under control & in a timely manner. Go to assigned seat, and read & follow the directions given on the PowerPoint that will be running on the on the front board.
- Tardy to class: Students are considered tardy to class if they are not in the classroom and in their seat when the bell rings.
- ·“Something to write with”: Students are required to have a pencil or pen, folder and any other required material needed for class everyday
- Turning in assignments: Assignments are expected to be turned in on the day they are due or submitted through Google Classroom.
- Student responsibilities after an absence: It is the responsibility of the student to see the teacher or check Google Classroom to get any notes or make-up work. One day will be allowed to work for each day missed.
- Communication procedures with parents and families: Occasional emails, notes or phone calls will be sent home for various reasons. The agenda is a great tool for communication as well. Parents are always invited to email me
- Ending class: Towards the end of the hour, the teacher will direct the class to “Clean up your workstation”. Students are expected to return their materials to the appropriate places neatly, log-off their computer,and stay in their assigned seat until bell rings. They will be dismissed when the bell rings
Supply List - Needed Everyday
- Pencil or Pen
- A device with a camera (Smartphone or Tablet with iOS or Android) on occasion - optional
- Access to Google Chrome Browser and Internet at home (IF student needs to work at home for this class) - Highly recommended
- Ear Buds
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
This year we be using BYOD. You may have your device on you during class, but it must remain on silent and in your pocket or pencil case at all times, unless we are using it during a class assignment. If this is not followed your device will be taken and given to the office with a referral written per Student Code of Conduct.
Units of Study
- Create a Teen Ezine (Electronic Magazine)
- Advanced MS Word Skills
- Bookmarking & Hyperlinking
Video Game Design
- Create a balanced video game
- Storytelling through games
- Google Forms
- Create a financial presentation
- MS PowerPoint
- Advanced MS Excel Skills
- Hillside Shark Tank
- Become a travel agent
- Advanced MS PowerPoint Skills
- Present Vacation as a Kiosk at a trade show