IN THE KNOW....
This Week's Shout OUTS from YOUR Dolphin Colleagues:
- To the Courtesy committee for organizing the best Faculty Ornament Exchange EVER!
- Shout out to KPD for helping out in my room this week (Durning)
- To my 2nd grade team for rockin’ our science rotations!
- Thanks to Meg, Robin, Rebekah, Andy, Kayleigh, Sarah, and Andrea for opening their classrooms up to teachers from SPP! They appreciated your openness to their questions and all your fabulous ideas!
- Shout Out to Casey and Melissa for their awesome Tacky Sweater Victories!
- Robinette, Haarlow, Kundinger, Owens, KPD and Ciccone for helping out last week in my time of need with a smile on your face! (Stone)
- To Jorge who keeps on blowing ALL the leaves that fall all over campus!
- K-2 and EC Teachers and KPD who helped design mClass testing plan for January!
- Mrs. Scruggs who has shown up to her carpool duty before it even starts for two weeks! Trooper!
- A big shout out to Marcie Lucus who is always willing to do whatever, whenever, with such composure!
A Special Shout Out
My last shout out is a thank you to EVERYONE here for being the BEST coworkers! My time here has been absolutely AMAZING and I am going to miss each and EVERY ONE of YOU so, so, so MUCH!
Saying good bye is harder than I can even explain in words!
I cannot believe that I am walking away from this position, this school, and all of you amazing people!
I truly love and respect each and every one of you!
DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THE SPECIALS SCHEDULE FOR WEEK OF DEC 15th
ALL HOLIDAY DECORATIONS MUST BE TAKEN DOWN BEFORE LEAVING ON THE 19th
PDP Reviews for ALL STAFF - JANUARY 15
We will complete everyone's mid-year reviews on January 15th. Please follow the steps below to take care of this piece of your evaluation. This must already be done PRIOR to coming to meet with us. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
- Log into Homebase
- Select NCCES on the lower lefthand side
- Select My Evaluation
- Select Professional Development Plan
- Select Midyear Review
- Select PDP Details - Mid Year Review
- Enter data and comments to demonstrate your personal growth on these goals.
Interested in STEM?
STEM Fellows and Discovery Place Studio: Teachers that have at least two years of teaching experience and a passion for STEM education can be part of a high-impact professional development opportunity sponsored by Discovery Place Education Studio. STEM Fellows equips educators with an in-depth understanding of STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) content and best practices. Year One participants build foundational knowledge of inquiry-based learning and STEM education through hands-on workshops, immersive naturalist field research and collaborations with STEM experts. STEM Fellows will be invited to continue with Year Two after completion of the first year's activities. For additional information, visit http://educationstudio.org/stem-fellows/year-one.
In the Week Ahead.....
Duties Week of December 1st
AM Bus/Cafeteria beginning - Lingerfeldt
PM Bus - Davidson
AM Auditorium beginning - Scruggs/Zwart
AM Car beginning - Swinnie
YR K-2 Math Assessments (Dec 8-17)
Holiday Beverages in the Workroom:):)
Fire Drill 9:10am
Catered Lunch from PTA
SST at 2:45 in Conference Room
YR Last Day!
PLC Meetings - Quick Check!
No AFTER SCHOOL DAYCARE
All 10 month certified employees dismissed at noon. Classified employees may leave at noon if they choose. 11 and 12 month employees work until 3pm.
In the Coming Weeks....
SRI MOY Assessment Opens
Back at It! Welcome Back!
YR Report Cards
PES Teacher Advisory Council
mClass MOY Window Opens
TR K-2 Math Assessment
PES Presentation of the Dolphin Collaboratory at the MCS Board of Ed 7pm
PDP for Teachers updated in NCCES - meetings held during PLC time
BT Meeting for all BTs - 3pm
Early Release Date - 11:30am
Interim Assessment Window Opens
1st/2nd grade Encore Concert
End of Quarter - TR Calendar
GRADES DUE TO KAREN by 10am
WINTER WONDERLAND DONOR BALL
Optional Teacher Workday
TR Report Cards