We are going to tell you a bit about cyber bullying.
We had a key question: How does being a victim of cyber bullying affect your life and how can you stop this from happening? And these are smaller question to help us get an answer.
- Do people ever get over being cyber bulled
- Do cyber bullies ever stop without experiencing consequences? In my experience most of the time the bully don't even know that they are bullying you but some people do it to be one of the cool kids.
- The short term effects
- Having nightmares and waking up screaming or in a cold sweat.
- Bed wetting. -This is more common in younger children
- Self Esteem Gone.
- Physical symptoms, such as stomach ache, headache and upset stomach.
- Afraid to go to school or take the school bus as the victim may have to face the bully.
- Doing bad in school which causes grades to drop.
- Getting stressed and anxious about going to gatherings with friends.
- Feeling that they let down their parents/family somehow.
- Feeling embarrassed
- Could make the victim use alcohol or drugs.
- Hurting Themselves On Purpose. E.g- Cutting
- Cyber bullying is a type of bullying but it is over a computer, phone or a device .
- Some of the websites that people using are,Facebook, twitter inastgram, pintrest, Gmail, and more.
- Loss of self-esteem.
- Getting stressed and anxious.
How to avoid being cyberbullyed.
Here are some tips for being cyber safe:
1. Use a strong password.
2. Don’t believe everything you read.
3. Don’t give out any private information over the internet or through mobile phones.
4. Think before you send! You have to think about what you are saying and how they might feel.
5. Don’t hide behind a computer screen, if you wouldn't say it to their face, don’t say
it at all!
6. Don’t post inappropriate things or of someone else on the internet.
7. Only accept friend requests from people you actually know.
8. Ask your friends to make sure that you are ok with them uploading a photo of you on the internet.
9. Don’t click on any links that are embedded in emails search it and ask a parent.
10. Don't tell someone something if you won't tell someone else.